Norton Internet Security 2009 - 1 User 1 Computer (PC)
|Price:||£30.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Faster and lighter with over 100 performance improvements
- Automatically detects and removes spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, bots, and Internet worms
- Rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes for up-to-the-minute protection against new threats
- Intelligence-driven technology scans only those files at risk, saving time and dramatically improving scan performance with faster, fewer, shorter scans
- Norton Identity Safe protects your personal information and safeguards your identity when you buy, bank, and browse online
- Norton Protection System is a multilayered system of technologies that work in concert to protect against the latest threats by proactively blocking attacks and detecting and removing threat
- Network security monitoring helps you secure your home network against threats and uninvited guests
- Smart two-way firewall makes intelligent incoming and outgoing security decisionsâ€”no interrupting you to ask each time
- Browser Protection lets you browse confidently with industry-leading protection from Web-based attacksâ€”one of the fastest growing types of online threats
- Smart Scheduler stays out of your way by performing noncritical security tasks when your computer is idle and then pausing when you resume use
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Norton Internet Security 2009 is fast, comprehensive, and up-to-the-minute protection against online threats. It safeguards your computer, your identity, and your home network without slowing you down. Completely reengineered, it sets a new standard for speed and makes online shopping, banking, and browsing safer and more convenient than ever
New threats don't stand a chance against the Norton Protection System, a multilayered system of technologies that work in concert to stop threats before they impact you. Relying on an intelligence-driven technology, it targets only those files at risk, for faster, fewer, shorter scans. While Web-based attacks may be the single fastest growing type of online threat, patent-pending browser protection lets you surf the Internet with a strong defence against browser exploits that can be picked up on infected Web sites. And rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes deliver up-to-the-minute protection against new threats
Quick to install and even quicker to boot, its smart two-way firewall automatically blocks threats from entering or leaving your system. An updated Norton Identity Safe features a strong ant phishing solution driven by both blacklists and heuristics technologies that safeguard your online identity, passwords, and credit card information from online theft. And improved network security monitoring checks that your wireless network is properly encrypted to maximize protection
Need help? Our extensive online knowledge base has quick answers to common problems. Norton Auto Fix technology will diagnose and fix common problems. Live chat includes remote access technology so our support technicians can solve the problem for you.
Top Customer Reviews
First off, its protection is great: I switched to this after my McAfee license expired and when I ran the first scan it found some tracing cookies (which, by the way are quite harmless, but still count as a security threat) that McAfee never found!
I've read loads of reviews that praise this for taking very less memory and all, but to be quite honest I personally never found a difference - seems to take up almost exactly the same amount of resources as McAfee did. But then it could be that I have good specs so maybe McAfee didn't need to squeeze it too hard either.
1. Norton Insight.
This is a clever little technique by which Norton indexes your files with certain "trust" levels (as decided by either Norton or by the user community) so that trusted files don't have to be scanned each time. The end result: you have the Quick Scan which takes less than 2minutes!!!
2. Pulse Updates
When you're connected to the Internet, Norton checks and updates your virus definitions every 5-15minutes!
Now personally I think this is a bit of an overkill - I mean come on, unless you're holding top secret files for the Government or something, I really don't think you need updates every 5 or 10minutes...it should really be sufficient to check updates twice a day or something; but Norton does this, and it's a nice feeling knowing you're "up-to-the-minute-updated".
3. Quiet Mode and full screen mode
Quiet mode kinda just suspends everything...though I don't really see the point of it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A good anti virus, haven't had any problems, but this slows down my pc. There maybe better software available now.Published on 20 Aug. 2013 by Miss B
This version is far better than previous versions of Norton and the seller is one of the best on Amazon. Read morePublished on 28 Feb. 2010 by Ms. H. Stannard
Bought this 6 months back for my laptop. Great product. Easy to install, easy to use, and I have not had a single issue in terms of protection it has offered till date. Read morePublished on 30 Dec. 2009 by A. P. Sekar
Excellent option to get this for 2 reasons:
1) OEM so cheap
2) You can upgrade the 2009 version to the 2010 for free through Norton's website. Read more
Norton Internet Security does all it says it does on the box. It is updated on a frequent basis, so I feel secure.Published on 2 Dec. 2009 by Peter Lorton
This product was value for money, unfortunatly the ones i have bought in the past do not seem to last for 12 months...I hope this one does!!Published on 21 Nov. 2009 by Mr. P. A. Smith
It is really an amazing tool, I believe everyone should have it, It is really effective software especially in detecting malicious or harmful web pages.Published on 13 Nov. 2009 by Asem Alhaji
Bought this knowing that I could update free to NIS 2010 so making it much less expensive than renewing my current (McAfee) product for another year. Read morePublished on 7 Nov. 2009 by Kayisi