Northern English: A Social and Cultural History Paperback – 9 Mar 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This monograph is an extensive and thorough account…' Dr. Daniela Cesiri, Linguist
English as spoken in the north of England has a rich social and cultural history; however research has often neglected it in favour of 'Standard English'. In this groundbreaking, alternative account of the history of English, Northern English, with its varieties and diversity, takes centre stage for the first timeSee all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > Languages > By Language > Other European Languages > Celtic Languages > Irish Gaelic
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference