Noor-un-nisa Inayat Khan: Madeleine Paperback – 1 Jan 1988
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Noor-un-nisa Inayat Khan was a gentle girl, the great-great-great grand-daughter of the Tiger of Mysore, and the daughter of the Sufi teacher Inayat Khan, who founded the Sufi movement and Sufi Order in the West. When war broke out, in 1939, she was already achieving her first successes, As a harpist she had been heard at the Salle Erard. Her stories were appearing on the children's page of 'Le Figaro' and broadcast on Radiodiffusion Francaise, her 'Twenty Jataka Tales' being brought out by a London publisher; she was just founding a children's newspaper. Later she was betrayed to the Sicherheitsdienst and as a prisoner of importance was held at their HQ on the Avenue Foch. After a daring attempt to escape, via the roof, she refused to give parole and was sent to Germany, where she was kept for most of the time in chains, before being shot at Dachau. She was posthumously awarded the George Cross and the Crois de Guerre.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book also contains Noor's horoscope with and a quite sensitive 'reading' by Ms Fuller, also an accomplished astrologer. The author's own spiritual background, as well as being a close friend of Noor's has enabled her to present Noor's story with a remarkable insight and depth.
I highly recommend this book, despite it's price. It's a book to keep.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Political
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War I
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts
- Books > History > Religious History > Islam
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies