- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Seal Press; 1 edition (13 Aug. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1580052053
- ISBN-13: 978-1580052054
- Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 1.6 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (46 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 171,539 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training Paperback – 13 Aug 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women is a light and funny approach to women running marathons
About the Author
Dawn Dais is the head writer for Sportsvite.com and the new national magazine Hilarious. Her series of articles, titled "Search for Sport," runs in Cascade Sports Magazine. Dais contributes to a number of other local and national publications and has been featured on the well-known Quotable Cards series. Never say never, Dais continues to run. She lives in Sacramento, California.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Then, I wanted more detail about her Marathon run....I wanted to feel the excitement, the nerves the experience, but it was all rushed through and I didn't even get the time she finished (unless I missed that bit).
It could have been so much better, but it was funny in certain parts and interesting in others......but I was still feeling frustrated!
For training plans there are better books but for motivation this can't be beaten.
Thanks Dawn and I'll let you know how I get on!
i thought it was only me who ended out hot and red faced and just wanted to curl up on a park bench after a long run - happily it appears there is at least one other person who goes through th same :)
If you want some sensible advice and a good chuckle this is the book for you!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved this book. Had me grinning the whole way through. Despite the fact I should have been totally put off running a marathon it made me want to do it all the more.Published 9 months ago by Sharon Hill
It's a really really good book. Much better than I expected. Really funny. I'm looking forward to using it to get me though my marathon training.Published 16 months ago by Alice May Thomas
Just what I needed too read in the run up to my marathon training commencemdng . very funny and accurate and yet compellingPublished 16 months ago by Bex
I started running this year in my late 40's and whilst I don't love it I do get it and am slightly addicted but thought this book would be inspirational! Read morePublished 18 months ago by Sue
This one is going straight back on Amazon. How uninspiring to read a whinging account of not enjoying training, lack of enthusiasm or interest (why did she chose to run a marathon? Read morePublished 21 months ago by Peggy
I felt a little misled by this book - I am a non-runner and, while I didn't necessarily want to do a marathon, I did think this book might help me get started in running. Read morePublished on 10 May 2015 by SallyG
Total rubbish! How can one woman whine so much about a topic she's chosen to write a book about! What a waste of just over 3 quid. Read morePublished on 25 Mar. 2015 by Mav
I love running and I don't think that reading about someone not enjoying running and her constant complaints will encourage anyone else to do it. I could not finish the book.Published on 2 Feb. 2015 by Clb
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Women's Health & Lifestyle
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Athletics & Gymnastics > Athletics
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Athletics & Gymnastics > Running & Jogging
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Training & Coaching