on 16 September 2014
I'm really liking this phone. I'm changing over from a HTC Wildfire (which is probably 3-4 years old now) and don't have a lot of experience of smartphones, so this review won't be particularly technical!

Things I like:
- it starts up very quickly
- Word Flow typing and its predictive text are really good - very few errors, esp. compared to what I am used to.
- graphics are very fluid, sliding from one screen to the next is almost pleasurable!
- I like the calendar - easy to use and view.
- it's a Nokia! Always liked the regular Nokia phones - hard-wearing and intuitive to use. I'm pleased Nokia are getting up to speed with Smartphones.
- I like the sound and picture quality when streaming (I've only used over WiFi not mobile internet).

Things I think Nokia/Windows could improve:
- Available Apps. There are a lot of apps out there, but there are a few that I haven't found, e.g. ColorNote (although Office's OneNote is coming in handy as a replacement). Of course, this may not actually be down to Nokia/Windows but the people who actually develop the apps.
- I think the settings menu could be tidied up a little.
- The phone doesn't have a flash...but most photos seem to come out OK. I suppose it depends on the environment, and ultimately, if you are used to a phone that is just a phone, you will still be pleased with the camera. Camera is easy to use.
- Both this phone and the previous smartphone I have used need the phone to be switched on for the alarm to work. I loved the days when I could save battery life by switching the phone off at night yet still knowing the alarm would go off. I have a feeling this is true of all smartphones and I guess it's to do with everything being an "app" these days, but it would be nice if there was some way of getting the alarms to work when the phone is off (I'm sure there is such a way!). I'm used to using Alarm Clock Xtreme, which has a lot of settings for snoozing, etc (terrible habit, I know!). Can't find the app for this phone, so am using the standard alarm. Snooze time is 10 min.

Things I've worked out that maybe, like me, not everyone will know when moving to this phone:
- to take a screenshot, press both side buttons simultaneously (I'd never known how to take screenshots on a phone before)
- to customise your Home screen, press on a tile and they all begin to 'float'. You can remove, change the size and move tiles to suit your needs. To add a tile from your apps list, press down on the app entry and then select Pin to Start.
- Quite a few of the pre-installed apps (which more often than not I tend to find aren't necessary for my use) can be uninstalled. I don't know if they are truly uninstalled or just go hiding somewhere, but it helps to reduce the number of apps I have to scroll through on my app list.
- hold down the <- arrow to view all the windows you have open. At first I was annoyed that I couldn't, say, come out of a google search without having to repeat the search...then I discovered this function!

Not the tidiest of reviews, I admit, but I hope this helps people who are moving over to the Nokia Lumia models. I'm really pleased I have made the move, and really like this phone. For the price, I don't think you could expect more really (I've seen the cost of higher spec models and iphones, etc.!) - this phone does a hell of a lot and nicely too :-) I guess these days, mobile phones are less about being phones and more about being everything you need whilst on the go!

EDIT - forgot to say, it doesn't come with a USB cable if you want to connect to PC - I haven't got that far yet!

I paid £119 on 12/09/14. Arrived on SUNDAY (!) 14/09/14. Great delivery service. Was sold by Amazon when I purchased.
33 Comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 September 2017
Delivered promptly. Came in original packaging with UK power adapter and earphones. Not locked to network. The splash screen on boot-up shows that this phone was in originally a batch for a French network (SFR). Apart from a few SFR apps/links (which I deleted) the phone is happy on a UK network and appears identical to any UK-sourced phone.
on 19 July 2017
brilliant phone does exactly what I want it to do, easily links with my laptop and desk-top, great value
on 30 October 2017
Arrived locked in Spanish, can't use Messenger on these anymore- I wanted a downgrade to a simpler phone, just for calls, emails and messages.....the only app I wanted was Messenger and it isn't compatible. Company were good with refunding me however.
on 27 July 2017
The phon itself suits my needs perfectly. It's a second phone, for now, so I haven't explored much more than Facebook for now. The debacle with that app on Android, is the reason for the purchase.
on 9 October 2017
Does the job for me, not a technical person with mobile phones. Easy to use
on 26 July 2017
TAKES A LITTLE TIME TO GET USED TO ITBUT GETTING THERE LOVE IT A++
on 10 June 2017
A replacement for my recent Nokia which lasted all of three years but all good so far, let's hope this one last longer as I do not use it that much, my older Nokia's I still have and are still working and in good order in my draw being years old, just got bored and updated them....
on 26 September 2017
I love my new phone and it`s sim-free to all networks
on 26 October 2017
not too many apps available but nice phone