on 18 April 2012
Totally useless item! 1st one was replaced by seller as it needed charging 9 times in 11 days (I'm not a 'heavy' mobile phone user), 2nd one was no better at all. Think these are used or Grade A, not new. Or possibly not genuine? Avoid!
on 5 October 2011
not original battery! it lasts approx 5hrs on standby on full charge!
bought it for my nokia 5800 but original battery, even though 2.5yr old, still lasts me 1 days normal usage (mainly ovi maps)
0 Stars. avoid at all costs.
on 6 September 2012
I purchased this to replace the original battery in my 5230. It seemed O.K. at first but then died without warning (as other reviewers have found) after about a day. I am not a heavy user. The original battery still lasts over 2 days, despite being over 2 years old. Looking closely at this battery I don't think it is genuine NOKIA, the hologram looks wrong. I did not return the battery as it was so cheap, but I don't (can't) use it anymore. Got a very good genuine (and higher capacity) from ASDA mobile for a reasonable price in the end which I am very happy with.
on 11 February 2014
This is by far the worst treatment I have had on the internet so far, even blatant.
On receiving the purchased battery BL-5J for my Nokia Lumia 520 mobile I noticed the battery was badly scuffed looking decidedly like it had a previous life. This was made more suspicious by the fact that the Amps-per-hour capacity rating written on these batteries was lower than standard Nokia batteries on sale elsewhere and on other ones I had in the house. Therefore this further indicated to me this was an old battery the seller (Mania Electronics) was trying to sell to a unsuspecting customer. Fortunately as an electronics engineer the circumstantial tell-tale signs were not difficult to spot.
Anyway inserted the battery and it didn't surprise me that after 10 hours it was still dead. I then took it out re-seated it and tried again, still dead. So from my perspective not only had the evidence shown to me that circumstantially this battery had been previously used (if not certainly abused) but that it was also dead.
On contacting the company I got a poorly written email back through Amazon indicating the seller had a poor grasp of English contradicting itself; their comment stated: "Battery is not used but i believe what you said". Their suggested attempt at solving my problem was to try charging for 8 hours and then if that fails try charging again for 12hours. My electronic experience immediately told me I was dealing with people who clearly hadn't a clue. Removing and re-inserting the battery would have been a sensible suggestion to the customer (me), as the customer may not have made a good enough connection with the battery the first time. But why after failing to charge a battery after 8 hours (when signs of life should have been apparent after about 3 or 4 hours) I should now try again but this time for 12 hours (4 hours longer), as if length of time might shock it back into life, beats my electronic expertise.
Anyway some recompense was that they were going to send me another battery and at the same time give me my money back, which is only what I would have expected for the hassle I went to investigating their dubious battery. Unfortunately, almost predictably, the second battery has never arrived and it is this audacity that has prompted this negative review.
Will never buy from this company Mania Electronics again.
on 31 October 2013
The battery was inexpensive but had no sealed wrapper, It was already charged but did not last long in my phone and did not hold a charge for more than a couple of hours. I contacted the vendor, who offered a replacement or immediate refund. I asked for a refund and my account was credited straight away with no quibble or return of the product. These batteries have at least 3 different ratings in mAh for different applications but all look the same. No problem with the vendor just the battery.
on 9 September 2011
The battery is just like the one it came with me phone and is working properly. Came in an adequate envelope package with air protection around (those plastic things with little air balls). Looks like to be a Nokia original battery. Cheap price. ''''', very good for such a cheap battery!
on 26 January 2010
I bought this for my Nokia N900 even though the product description doesn't mention it. It too takes BL-5Js.

It was shipped quickly and after using it for about a week it seems to last the same as the N900's included Nokia battery. It looks exactly the same as the included battery. The only difference is that the included one says "Made in China" whereas this one says "Made in Korea. Further processed in China".

My only concern is that it won't charge using the PortaPow USB Battery that I bought as a backup charger. I'm not sure if it's an issue with is the PortaPow or with this battery, but substituting back the original Nokia battery that came with the phone got the PortaPow working immediately.

Otherwise I am happy with this purchase. It is very good value for money.
on 2 June 2011
It is working well in my Nokia 5800 and I cannot tell any difference from the original. I wanted it to keep going with GPS etc for my cycle ride of 4.5 hours and it was fine. It still had capacity left so I was very happy.
on 13 March 2014
The battery was received within the specified delivery period.

It charged to 100% in only two hours, it works OK, but it does not hold its charge for more than 24 hours on stand-by. My previous battery lasted for over a week on stand-by, and even with constant call use the battery life lasted for several days.

This was not a good buy, a poor choice of product.
on 18 August 2010
Not an original battery. The hologram doesn't compare well to an original and the hologram code doesn't check out with Nokia.

Charge doesn't hold as well as an authentic battery but will do as a spare to keep in the bag for emergencies.