Nokia 5800 Sim Free Mobile Phone
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Sim Free Mobile Phone - Red
- Whether it's music or movies the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has your back.
- With a 3.2 inch screen you can watch your favourites on the bus, train or when you're waiting for friends. Movies not your thing? Then listen to your favourite acts instead. The touch screen interface makes navigation easy whether you use your fingers or the plectrum stylus, you'll soon find what your looking for
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Key Features * Contacts Bar -Person centric user interface with visualized contacts makes it easy to share media and communicate with your friends * Media Bar -Always an easy access to your favorite media * Industry leading high resolution 3.2 inch display * Stereo speakers with surround sound * Stylus and finger touch support for text input and user interface control * Powerful connections with 3G, HSDPA and WLAN * Key device in the upcoming Comes with Music service offering Additional Features * 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeissoptics and dual-LED flash. Front camera for video calls * Built-in A-GPS and Nokia Maps and voice guided navigation * Responsive touch screen with tactile feedback * Proximity sensor for preventing inadvertent touches and for saving power * nHDwidescreen quality video playback * Storage for up to 12, 000 songs with optional 16GB microSD card Technical Profile System: 1)WCDMA 2100/900,GSM 850/900/1800/1900,HSDPA, WLAN 2)GSM 850/900/1800/1900 3)WCDMA 850/1900, HSDPA, WLAN, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 * User Interface: S60 5th * Dimensions: 111 x 51.7 x 15.5 mm (L x W x T) * Volume: 83 cc * Weight:109 g * Display:3.2 inch nHD(640 x 360 pixels) with up to 16 million colors * Battery: Nokia Battery BL-5J,1320mAh Lion * Memory:81 MB internal memory, support for up to 16GB microSDmemory card Camera * Lens:Carl ZeissTessarTM * Image capture:Up to 3.2 megapixels(2048 x 1536) * Video capture:nHD(640 x 360) at up to 30 fps * Flash:Dual-LED camera flash Operating Times * Talk time: Up to 9 hours (GSM),5 hours (WCDMA) * Standby time: Up to 17 days (GSM),17 days (WCDMA) * Music playback:Up to 35 hours * Video playback:Up to 5 hours (Mpeg4)3 hours (nHD)
Play. Share. Touch.
The new Nokia XpressMusic sensation. A touchscreen that feels right, looks great, and sounds even better.
PlayThe dedicated media bar means mobile entertainment is always on hand. High-resolution widescreen video and superior surround sound, with built-in stereo speakers and an advanced music player. Download new sounds to an 8gb microSD card, and sync your collection with Nokia Music software for PC.
Put your favourite people on your home screen and share moments and media as they happen. Shoot 3.2 megapixel stills, DVD-like video, and let Share on Ovi seamlessly showcase them online. With powerful 3.5G connection, broadcast yourself or download the latest videos in no time.
This amazing 3.2" high-definition touchscreen puts everything at your fingertips. Perfectly proportioned for one hand, featuring intuitive fingertip, stylus, or plectrum control, and vibrant touch response. With automatic screen rotation, a full keyboard for fast messaging, and handwriting recognition.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
* Touchscreen works pretty well, and seems to respond ok. Screen size is good and definitely much better than my iPod classic for viewing films on. It also accepts more formats.
* Multi format support - I'm no expert in these matters but I just want my devices to play as many formats as possible. It has played just about every type of music file I could through at it, including songs from my itunes library. Seemed to take a lot of video formats too.
* Bluetooth connection to my Mac was pretty good and faster than I would have thought, very convenient way to copy files across.
* Wireless connection works well and internet browsing on it is really very good, and very handy just as a hotspot finder, saving you dragging your laptop/macbook out just to test if there is an open network connection.
* Media bar short cut thing works quite well for quickly getting to images, movies, music and internet.
* Weirdness - there seem to be quite a few weird glitches, but the worst two are:
1. Occasionally the web browser just close down, screen goes black, then goes through what looks like a re-boot (you see the nokia logo appear again, then the search for network etc)
2. Glitch occurs (apparently quite common) where the phone decides to stop alerting you of incoming text messages. One day it just stopped alerting me, no sound no icon, nothing. Even more weird is the solution, where you need to turn your call log off and then go back and make sure you have got alerts set up.
* Email - On the whole is not bad, and would even be in the PROs section, as the set-up and use of is really easy.Read more ›
update"having used this phone for a while now i love it, the internet is not slow it was my fault for not having a 3g sim card ,since i have resolved this the internet is as quick as the wifi, the phone its self is so easy to use, the only down side is the battery life when watching videos, but if i just use it as a phone its fine ,and anyone who says its not as good as the iphone that is true, but the iphone is not £200 better !!!
Update, still a very good phone ,no problems ,the best part of buying sim free , is i have got a t mobile sim only deal on a 1month rolling contract free unlimited 3g internet for 18months ,unlimited texts and 100 minutes ,for £ 10 a month!
The good bits:
* Nice screen
* Gives a qwerty keyboard for texting
* Internet access
* Decent radio/MP3 performance
The average bits:
* Battery life much shorter than advertised, typically 3-4 days at best with average use
* Ho-hum camera, poor colour rendering
* Some software bugs
The bad bits:
* Too many gimmicks and adverts in the supplied software
* Have to buy games
* Unreliable - keyguard switch broke after a month rendering it unusable
* Scratches far too easily
* Clunky interface requires too many taps just to make a voice call
* Not really recommended
I have put my 3 sim in and have had no issues what so ever
Nokia site offer free sat nav on your phone for life
Easy to use and nice 8gig memory card
Hope this helps you make a decision
The wrist strap is anchored to a concealed hook inside the phone. The hook is very weak, meaning that the slightest stress leaves you with a broken hook and intact wrist strap.
Every couple of months the email app simply forgets all the accounts. This isn't a simple case of reconfiguring the accounts - it then tries to download all old emails from the server, runs out of space and locks up. Trying to delete emails it had already downloaded didn't work because it got "clever" and assured me that despite me wanting to delete them it would keep the headers because it knew best.
Incoming text messages are timestamped with the time of ARRIVAL, rather than the time they were sent. So when I switch my phone on and get a message I have no way of knowing how old it is. THIS IS PATHETIC!
The touch screen is sluggish and the interface laggy. The menu system is inconsistent... in some contexts you can drag the actual menu to scroll (eg in Contacts) but in some (eg Apps) this just launches the app you touched. The scroll bars are far too sensitive and all too often there's too much content, so that it's actually impossible to see it all as moving the scroll bar a pixel whips the content up and down whole pages at a time.
Despite having installed several software updates since having the phone, they do not take effect. The date of last update is shown as two years ago!
The screen lock/unlock is a slider switch on the side of the phone...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This product didn't work from the off (wouldn't turn on unless it was connected to the mains power, none of the functions worked), arrived in packaging which looked as if it had... Read morePublished on 2 Mar. 2014 by Gunagh
Purchased this phone for a friend who had one previously, he purchased other phones but came back to this make, he finds it very easy to use and would highly recommend it to other... Read morePublished on 6 Sept. 2013 by Lynne Wilshaw
The item was in the best condition loved it.just like the seller described I was realy impressed it had no problem it was in full working orderPublished on 11 Jun. 2013 by hanschel sinyinza
this was the same has my son had and it has every thing i need music maps and the internet great product and great service.Published on 19 Jan. 2013 by chris ayres
Has this phone got a normal size SIM card. Or a micro SIM card.as the last Nokia sim free I bought needed a micro simmPublished on 7 Oct. 2012 by Rob
I've had this phone for 4 years now so its very robust. I use it mainly for the internet, and haven't had any problems so far.Published on 1 May 2012 by nilli den
Didn't purchase of amazon but this is an epic phone reliability is the best yes its a bit old now but its still valid this is beter than an htc wildfire i have bothPublished on 22 Jan. 2012 by N. Greenslade