Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.30

on 14 November 2013
I've read a few things by Terry Tyler now (all very good), but this novel is by far my favourite.

It's just completely enthralling. The premise, father finds new love and 'abandons' family, is handled beautifully, with the story shown from multiple viewpoints. The characters obviously interpret this event differently, but all the reactions are fascinating and, importantly, evocative of real life; this is a believable story which does not fail to entertain.

Being a fan of YA, I loved how the teenager's dealt with the situation, as well as the interactions with each other on a more general note. I think Terry should consider writing a YA at some point as she nailed the tone of the dialogue etc.

Also, one of the characters is a writer and muses on the inner-workings of the art. This kind of meta-analysis within a piece of writing was a really interesting idea and I enjoyed it a lot. I also feel it kind of gave a bit of an insight into the way Terry works, a kind of making-of embedded into the novel - a fantastic and well executed (it's never too drawn out) idea.

Loved it.
on 7 August 2012
Terry Tyler has pulled off the difficult task of creating an engaging, complex story from many different viewpoints by a large and varied cast of characters. (The chapter headings act as signposts as to who is the focus of each one.) The drama unfolded like a Greek tragedy (the "All" chapter made me think of the Greek chorus) and when I could finally put the book down (i.e. only when I'd finished it), I felt exhausted but uplifted by the cathartic process. Sometimes I wished there was more "showing" through dialogue and action rather than "telling", allowing the reader to draw her own conclusions, but it was still a compelling book that I enjoyed very much.
on 28 November 2012
In this account of several women's struggle to find fulfillment, Tyler's writing style sweeps the reader into different consciousnesses, where we merge with them and think naturally without regard for formal phrasing. Totally engrossed as the story unwinds, we laugh, suffer and love along with the characters, little guessing how their lives will intertwine at the end.
on 14 March 2017
This book seemed to have so much potential.... I loved that I was getting to know several different characters and wondering how their lives were entwined, turns out the way they shared their lives was totally unbelievable, a really rubbish, unbelievable few chapters after about 75% of actually quite riveting story, shame really....
on 9 March 2012
I don't really read novels (in fact I have about 10 unfinished around the house in various places) however when someone recommended this to me I thought I would give it a try. I loved it so much. The story was so real and believable and you really end up feeling like the characters are your best friends, you really care about them and what happens to them. The twist is surprising and unexpected which is always great. A great author and this book is fantastic value and a jolly good read.
on 25 April 2012
I found this book very different to I expected, but in a good way. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was an out and out thriller. It isn't exactly. More it is a tale of a dysfunctional family and how each element of the family copes with the crisis that has presented itself. I liked the voice used and each character I could envisage in my head quite easily. I could imagine them speaking the words they spoke, crying the tears they did, throwing wobblers, etc. I particularly sympathised with Tara, who was my favourite character. Ria had little to endear her to me, and I wanted to slap her hard a few times, but she did rescue herself a little towards the end. Cat I could see oh so clearly and was only glad I didn't have a daughter like her, not that it was all her fault. I really enjoyed the way first one, then the second, then finally a third major plot-line were all woven together. They were very distinct, but I thought the author carried it off wonderfully. I had no idea of the massive twist in the tale until very very near the end and I am sure I am not alone in that. Have already downloaded Terry's other book You Wish and will start that shortly. Look forward to seeing more from this author
on 19 April 2014
I guess you could say I've become a true Terry Tyler fan. This is interesting because hers are the only books I read and enjoy in this genre, but then that's possibly because hers is a genre all of its own. It is contemporary fiction with a strong focus on the contemporary. I would say it is very much 'reality fiction'. Nobody's Fault is almost starkly real - it is about the pain, the intensity and the complications of real life in what is ostensibly a very normal setting. It is also about great and enduring love. Terry's characters are all people we know or have met, and her skill is that she dips into the story almost everyone has lurking in their background and brings it to vivid and dramatic life. This is why we can relate so well to Nick and Adrienne, to Sharon and her internet buddies, to Nick's daughters, fighting their own teenage battles. This is a gripping and very well woven story told in different threads and at two different times, all brought together with a shocking twist. But... the end will see it right. A great 21st century read and another cracker from this talented author. Now where's the next?
on 5 February 2012
I enjoyed 'You Wish' a couple of months ago and as soon as I saw that Terry Tyler had written another book I had to download it to my Kindle. Just like the previous book, I couldn't put it down. Great characters, especially the teenagers and how they each reacted to the upset in their lives. Hurry up and write another please Terry.
on 18 January 2012
I loved Terry's second novel, how could you not love the idea of meeting that 'perfect one'. This book is such a page turner but be warned, once you start it you won't want to put it down until the end. As with her last novel, the twists and turns in the stories keep you guessing until the very end when they all come together in a twist of fate you'd never guess. Brilliant and highly recommended.
on 13 January 2012
second Terry Tyler I have read and enjoyed this one as much, if not a little more than the first. Great characters and this seems to be Terry Tyler's forte, they are so believable. At one point I had tears in my eyes......can't say too much.
looking forward to more from this author soon !