No-Nonsense Guide to the United Nations (No-nonsense Guides) Paperback – 15 May 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
So what is the United Nations? What are its component parts and how do they operate? Who owns the organisation and to whom is it accountable? What are its true capabilities? This No-Nonsense Guide provides an excellent start to answering those questions, and many others...Maggie Black has written a number of No-Nonsense Guides to international issues, as well as books on water, development and children's rights. Her straightforward, readable approach to the United Nations as it is in real life provides a valuable opportunity to comprehend the gap between the reality and the perception of the UN, and what may be needed to make it effective in the most difficult areas of international misunderstanding. I hope that as many people as possible will read it...Sir Jeremy Greenstock, former UK Permanent Representative to the United Nations
About the Author
Maggie Black has written books for OUP, UNICEF, and Oxfam. She has worked as a consultant for UNICEF, Anti-Slavery International, and WaterAid, among others, and has written for the Guardian, The Economist and BBC World Service
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Institutions
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Relations > Diplomacy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Reference