- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
- Spend £10 on Kindle Books, get £3 in Kindle Book credit. Limited-time special offer. Offer valid till 26 November 2020.
No Boys Allowed: Book 1 (Maisie Mae) Paperback – 10 April 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who read this book have also read
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- Paperback : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0349001537
- ISBN-13 : 978-0349001531
- Dimensions : 13 x 1.4 x 17.8 cm
- Reading level : 6 - 11 years
- Publisher : Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (10 April 2014)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: 541,203 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
From the Back Cover
Maisie Mae's life is complete and utter CHAOS!
She has FIVE stinky brothers, and has to share a bedroom with the TERRIBLE twins. They think it's funny to put snails under her duvet, fish-food in her sandwiches and hide her favourite things in the rabbit hutch.
What Maisie really, really, REALLY wants is a room where there are NO BOYS ALLOWED!
And she'll do anything to get it . . .
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My eight year old daughter loved this book. She is the only girl, with two brothers, so had a lot of sympathy with the long suffering Maisie. Of course, you have to read the book to discover whether Maisie Mae finally gets her own room and can hang her, “No Boys Allowed!” notice on the bedroom door. There are two more books in the series, “Maisie Mae Bad Luck Bridesmaid,” and “Miaie Mae Camping is Not Very Ooh La La!” and we look forward to reading on and hearing more of Maisie’s adventures.
My favourite pranks played on poor Maisie Mae are when her brothers put snails under her duvet (squelchy), fish food in her sandwiches (yuck) and something even worse in her cereal (trust me, don't ask). Their diabolical antics reminded me of old school Enid Blyton and her Naughty Amelia Jane! books, full of hijinks and impish behaviour.
This book is fully illustrated by Clare Elsom in a style that really suits the story. It's great to see Maisie Mae and her brothers come to life on the page, especially when her baby brother Stanley covers himself in his mum's best lipstick! The physical paperback copy of the book also includes a door hanger inside that says 'No boys allowed'. It's the perfect hanger for anyone with pesky brothers they don't want in their room!
Maisie Mae: No Boys Allowed is a highly enjoyable novel for younger readers, especially those who like playing tricks and causing havoc. Parents may want to make a note of what pranks appear in the book, just in case their youngsters decide to try them out at home. As Maisie Mae finds out, you can never be too careful!