TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 May 2015
I'm often disappointed by the books written by Dan Kennedy. I have huge respect for his entrepreneurial and marketing skills but his books have a tendency to promise more than they deliver.

This one is different.

You may not agree with everything Dan Kennedy writes… and you may not like the world it presents but it’s time to face up to some bitter truths.

The rich have most of the money.

And if you want to be rich too, it’s much easier getting a share of their cash by providing something special in contrast to trying to prise a few coins out of the many more poor people who struggle to live within their incomes.

Common sense right?

Except that it seems we can all be a bit queasy about trying to making products and services for and selling products to the affluent and especially if we don’t feel very affluent ourselves.

The number of affluent and mass affluent people has steadily risen as the gap between rich and poor gets bigger. Much of this wealth is now in the hands of baby boomers (generally born between 1945 and 1960 or 1965 depending on definitions). They are likely to inherit even more over the next few decades.

Dan Kennedy writes as one of the affluent and from the knowledge of working with thousands of other affluents. It's a market he understands well.

If you haven’t read any of his other NO BS books then you need to understand that they are hard hitting and too the point. They also include plenty of promotions for his other books and programs including the Glazer Kennedy Insider’s Circle. It is irritating but the author is true to his principles.

The book challenged my thinking personally and professionally. In my business coaching, I have a preference for helping business owners who are struggling because I find it more satisfying than helping the wealthy get even wealthier. It has forced me to acknowledge that there can be a trade-off between helping people and getting rich. I'm happy with my decision but I think it's much better to profit from the wealthy than to exploit the poor.

About my book reviews - I aim to be a tough reviewer because the main cost of a book is not the money to buy it but the time needed to read it and absorb the key messages. 4 stars means this is a good to very good book.

Paul Simister, business coach
on 13 April 2015
As usual with Dan Kennedy, this is packed full of little seeds of great advice... along with the usual sales patter for his other books and seminars, worth a read if you can get past all the fluff and shameless sales pitches.
on 8 July 2010
Dan has a great writing style, both entertaining and educational. Like many American writers they like to state the obvious but that isn't a bad thing as we often overlook the obvious. Like the many other titles that I have by Dan I gained a lot and enjoyed the book. It crosses the pond well. Good job Dan.
on 21 May 2015
Great book
on 27 November 2014
Above and beyond the call of duty... Lots of information here.
on 26 July 2011
Another masterpiece from this marketing genius.
on 28 February 2013
Great Item, fast delivery, what more can I say? I usually kn ow what I am buying before I order it, so I tend to only get a surprise if the service or item is not up to scratch. In this case both were fine!
on 29 June 2010
Most everyone who is familiar with Dan Kennedy's work is probably aware of this book. Overall it was one of his best received books and I believe it offers powerful advice for anyone interested in marketing to a more wealthy demographic. Some people may not approve of Kennedy's style so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference if you do. That being said, I think no matter what angle you're approaching this book from, it can be a valuable asset.
on 22 October 2010
What Dan tells you is how it really is - there truly are no wishy washy messages here. I have personally recommended his books to dozens of people. If you enjoy Dan's no holds barred style then I can also recommend Swimming with Piranha Makes You Hungry by Colin TurnerSwimming with Piranha Makes You Hungry
on 22 December 2008
I am writing this to save others from wasting money on an utterly stupid book full of useless bilge, You will learn nothing from this book at all. If I could have given it a minus rating it would be minus 5. I returned my copy post haste.