Customer reviews

Style Name: French Bulldog|Change
Price:£24.97+ £2.00 shipping

on 6 August 2011
I am a 12 year old girl from Norway. This is my review:

Well having owned the first version of Nintendogs I knew just what to expect when buying this game.
And I can tell you I wasn't disappointed at all, this game is the cutest game I have ever played, its absolutely perfect for gamers of all ages because its really easy to get into and will keep you entertained for a long time.

As you might have guessed from reading the title of the game it also features cats. I haven't really got a cat myself but I have heard that the don't do very much except sleep and eat, sure you can play with them and stuff, but personally I didn't buy this game because it has cats. I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first Nintendogs-game and because I wanted another game for my 3DS.

There are 3 different versions of this game: French Bulldog(the one I have), Toy Poodle and Golden Retriever.
These 3 different versions feature different starter breeds and some different items.
Here is a list of all the different starter breeds:

Toy Poodle includes:

Great Dane
Maltese
Cocker Spaniel
on 8 April 2011
Hello I'm an autistic adult gamer.

This is my review on Nintendo Dogs + Cats 3ds game.

Well I like it. I must say after playing the first nintendo dogs ds game back on the ds lite & was not real thrilled with it for reason's which I'm not going to get into I was hesitant to try the new 3ds version with added stuff. This is my first 3ds game & so far I really enjoy it. The game is very relaxing & cutesy. The doggy's look very real in the video game I was surprised at the graphic's in this game at just how sharp & clear they are on the game. I have a french bulldog in the 3ds game which I named Patch he's very cute doggy. Well I really like the game I must say the doggy in the game behave's much better than the real dog I had years ago lol & actually follow's command's. :)

Well if your an animal lover or need time to relax get this 3ds game you'll enjoy it. I know I am.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)
on 10 March 2013
One of the very best games Nintendogs has made, Can you give a virtual Dog or Cat a home?

Basically you first choose the pet you want (more pets comes available when you get more experience) and you nurture him, feed him, compete with him and more! You get to walk your dog as well thus meet other dog owners!

If you do street pass with another person and they play Nintendogs, you can meet them at walks and your dog can play with their dog!

You can't walk Cats or compete with them, but you can play with him, feed him and more! If you give him enough attention he will get you a gift! Dogs can find gifts at walks.

There is lots to do on this game, so why don't you get it and give it a go? You'll really like it whatever people say!
on 13 April 2011
I got this having tried the DS version, if I'm totally honest I didn't really get into that but mainly because there were so many other games that took my time up. The 3DS version is one of only 2 games I own for the system, thus I'm more compelled to spend more time on it. The 3d effects are brilliant on this and really brings your puppy to life. Taking your dog for a virtual walk, via carrying the 3DS around with you is inspired. Still waiting for my first street pass moment though. If you're looking at the launch titles and wondering what one to get I'd recomend this one.
on 15 January 2013
I loved Nintendogs on the DS so this was really easy buy to go with my 3DS and it doesnt dissappoint. Takes a while to be able to own a cat, but still worth the patience
on 8 June 2016
I purchased this for my son as he had just got the Nintendo 3DS for Christmas...

My son absolutely loves it, but I have to say that after trying it out myself, I was also very impressed and I also play it regularly!

You also get other breeds of dogs and some cats in this pack, so it works out really good for the price - you really get you money's worth!

The graphics are great quality and can be played in both 3D and 2D.

There are little games, such as frisbee competitions, which is a nice addition!

And of course, the pups and kittens are extremely cute! It's great because we cannot have dogs or cats where we live, and this has actually stopped my son constantly asking if we can get a dog, as you have to care for and walk the pups and kittens as part of the game, so I'm pretty impressed!
5/5 stars from both myself and my son!
on 12 August 2013
I have owned this game for the last two years, and have nearly completed it, ive been through phases when i was truely addicted to it and other times, more interested in other games. either way, this a is a fantastic game, that could entertain ANYONE for years!!!! i would rate it it for any age, it is NOT just a childs game, as i am 14 :-) highly recommended though :-)
on 4 October 2012
I bought this as I love dogs. I liked the little red poodle on the front as I was thinking of buying one (real one)

It's a nice game but some parts are frustrating, for example taking dog for a walk you can't turn round if dog misses a sign cos he was pulling the other way or go back through the cones (get prize at end) if your dog misses or knocks one. even if knocks one a tiny bit you don't get a prize so would have been better with these features and a map to choose where you want to walk, it's a bit random whether you will get to where you want!

The competitions are good, though I'd have preferred agility with the lure and frisbee as obedience is too fiddly with AR card and dependent on puppy understanding you and obeying you in a short time so I'm focusing on the frisbee and lure to win the Nintendo cups to sell to get next dog. You can also only enter competitions twice a day, though if you think you will be last you can just turn DS off (save just before going into competition) try again.

It's hard to get money as well in beginning especially if you get a puppy that's slow or lazy, check description of puppies personality carefully before choosing, unfortunately I didn't ...knew I wanted red poodle male and just skipped passed the text without actually reading it!

It's saving grace is the pedometer feature that allows you to carry it around with you and it counts your steps, if you carry it about all day or stick it in your pocket while you go on wii fit jog for half an hour, you get a good prize which you can then sell for a decent amount to go towards next dog or cat. The cats can't enter competitions though to win you money and you can't take them for walks, though they do go out themselves sometimes and fetch you a present.

It's probably best suited for younger kids but it is an easy game if you like something easy to play with while you're watching telly!

I got mine used through the marketplace so didn't pay full price for it. I don't think it's worth the full price but would be with some improvements.
on 17 September 2014
It's just classic nintendogs revamped. Used to play frequently but it is annoying being that type of game where u have to be regular in ur gameplay. However it's not difficult to regain control (just feed and wash the poor things), no progress is lost. Overall a nice game
on 31 December 2012
I'm not qualified to give report! - but 10 yr old daughter loves it so that's the main thing!
Delivered quickly and well packaged.
Can't see any reason not to recommended to anyone.