Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 24 November 2010
I wanted to get a second Wii controller and decided this was the one to get. Why? Mainly due to the fact that this latest product has the motion plus built into a normal sized controller. This makes the controller lighter and easier to hold for people with small hands. I already have the older generation controller with separate Motion Plus add-on (it came with the Wii Resort Package) but I think the add-on makes the controller slightly too long.

I can confirm this is an official Nintendo product. No bad quality copies or fakes here. Highly recommended.
11 Comment| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2011
The Remote Plus is a much better controller solution than a seperate Wii Controller and Motion Plus accessory. It is the same size as the normal Wii Remote but has the Motion Plus bit built in.
It is lighter and smaller than the traditional pairing.
What the listing doesn't mention is that it comes with the silicone jacket and batteries so ne need to buy these saperately.
44 Comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2011
After suffering a heart attack I knew I needed to exercise to reduce my weight and ultimately my blood pressure.

Normal exercise bores me to tears so I needed some kind of challenge. I remembered my grandsons had all the Wii equipment so I bought it and started exercising.

Absolutely brilliant. Being challenged every day and laughing everyday as well.

An excellent purchase.If you want to feel young, healthy or just have fun, this is ideal.

Highly recommended.
on 8 June 2012
I ordered this thinking that this would be a genuine Wii Remote Plus. That's what's shown in the picture, while the item page shows it as by Nintendo.
However, I received a controller in a shoddy, unbranded box littered with spelling errors and with no mention of Nintendo or Wii. It came without instructions, guarantee or any other paperwork.
The controller itself looks a lot like the real thing, although it is covered in a thin film of clear plastic (the sort you find protecting new mobile phones, for example), which I do not think is usual for Wii remotes. I have not bothered to test it - I wanted and expected the real thing, not a knock-off, even if it works.
I have emailed the seller, Aone70, and will be returning this item. (This review is not a criticism of their customer service, as I've only emailed them recently, and they have not yet had time to respond; based on other customer feedback about them I have every confidence that they will resolve this matter promptly).
44 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2011
Bought two of these for my twin grand daughers, so that they could both play games at the same time. They were well impressed and haven't stopped using them since Christmas.
on 23 December 2011
this product arrived with batteries and protective,it is exactly the same as the product sold by currys and tesco but £10 cheaper, great value
on 11 November 2011
Arrived in 2 days on Super Saver Delivery. These are the real deal. Item comes with silicone sleeve, batteries and wrist strap. It's the same size as the original normal wii remote. I have the originals with the wii plus add on and they are quite long so my kids love these. Don't bother with cheap imitations, I tried and had to get a refund - they NEVER worked properly or at all. I have seen these at almost £40 so a good deal at under £30. Pay less, pay twice.
on 9 June 2011
Important for people to know is that this product also includes the wii motion plus facility, needed for wii resorts. We unnessecarily bought the extra motion plus attachment which we did not need.
on 15 June 2011
I don't need to add much to what has already been said in other reviews. This is what the Wii Remote "should" have been when the Wii was released. The Wii Remote Plus is identical to the original model except that it now has the MotionPlus functionality built-in. The only difference is the logo at the bottom of the unit that indicates this.

Essentially, there isn't any hard and fast reason why you should buy one of these if you already own the MotionPlus add-on. But the main advantage is that it is now compatible with all controller shells (e.g. the Zapper) which you may wish to use with MotionPlus games, especially shooters. Today I have finally been able to use my utterly pointless but fun-to-use "golf club" in Wii Sports Resort.

If you're like me, you're just a geek and simply have to own this upgrade! With the forthcoming Wii U in 2012, it's a good thing that there seems to be no plans to make the Wii controllers obsolete as they will work alongside the new controller. Now if only Nintendo had thought about making a wireless Nunchuk...
on 24 November 2011
the white wii remote plus came in 3 days of delivery, and was packaged in amazons cardboard packaging, came with batteries, its the original product, and had a see through plastic cover for the wii plus for easier handling. good thing. original, nothing more to say as have not tested it yet.