on 4 December 2013
This is an excellent semi-hard (zipped) case for the Nintendo 3DS XL. It has individual storage space for three extra game cartridges, a spare (full size) stylus, and a single large pocket that can hold (for example) earbud headphones, a USB cable, and screen cleaning cloth with no problems.

The only issue with this excellent case is that it's a bit bigger than it needs to be and if you don't pack out that upper pocket, the 3DS XL tends to rattle around due to the large interior space. This can easily be dealt with by either packing the upper pocket with accessories or just sticking in a cleaning cloth to bulk it out.

It's well built and definitely worth the money (£8 as of Dec '13). Highly recommended if you want a bit of protection for your console while it bounces around in a backpack.
on 16 February 2013
For some reason there aren't that many hard cases for the 3DS XL out there.

I trust Hori and their products never disappoint me so when it came time to buy a case for my new 3DS XL, I knew as soon as I saw the name Hori I had to buy this case.

It works great, too! There is a small pocket behind the area where games are stored (there is room for 3 games). There is also a little stylus pocket underneath where the games are held.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2012
bought this as part of a package of products for my daughter. Other reviewers have said its too big for the ds but i think there being picky. its well made looks good and yes its not cheap but the ds isnt either so i think its worth the money. room inside for a game or 2 and if youve bought the console i think this protects it very well.
5 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2014
Hori are renowned for making quality stuff - no exceptions here. 3DS XL fits snugly into the case held securely by a thick elastic strap. Six DS or 3DS games sit in elasticated pockets in the lid. Zip closure smooth and secure. Good solid top and bottom protection.
Only downside - which is just a result of this type of case design and not this particular product - when laid flat, this case does not prevent your 3DS from being squashed/pressed together. You might know that if you put pressure on the top of your 3DS the two screens will touch while the device is closed and cause some scratching. If you want to avoid this go for a completely solid case, rather than this model.
For general use, not smooshing into the bottom of a full rucksack, this case is excellent.
on 25 March 2014
Very smart black case, it is not too big for the 3DS, in fact you need the finger space to get it out of the elastic!
It has a flap inside to carry 6 games and 1 pen, I use that for my games I take on holiday and my AR cards.

I brought the 3DS on an adult splurge and I dont regret it I can play games I used to play as a kid like Zelda. Good fun
on 11 August 2013
This hard pouch is well designed and of high quality. It both looks and feels well-made. The little pockets for game cards are super practical, and it's easy to get the cards in and out of them. I also love the little pocket for my AR cards. The console fits perfectly; it's not stuffed into it, and neither does it wobble around in there. A perfect fit.

Visually, it's smooth and attractive, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it withstands lint. Even my curious cat couldn't manage to hair up this thing. After a few weeks of use among dusty books and eraser and graphite dust, it's as sleek and pristinely black as ever.

I can't find a single fault. It does what it's supposed to and does it very well, while feeling and looking good.
One person found this helpful
on 23 September 2014
Hard case. Really is quite solid. Well worth the investment given the price. Has an array of pouches for games and accessories... and of course a spare stylus. A tad bit of space means a 3DS XL will slide a tad, but unless you're going off-roading or white water rafting, I wouldn't worry.
on 30 May 2016
Bought this when I upgraded to a Nintendo 3DS XL. It fits my console perfectly and protects it from an bumps and scrapes. There's also room for some games to be stored in it. Would recommend this product to keep your 3DS XL safe!
on 14 March 2013
My 3DS XL, with a hard case on, fits perfectly into this pouch. (i also bought "Assecure Crystal Hard Case Cover Shell for Nintendo 3DS XL" here on Amazon). I love the three small see-through pockets for 3ds/ds games, and also the fact that there is room for quite a few more games in the back. When I'm selective and only bring three games, this pouch's even got room for a charger. Delivery was a couple of days over estimated time, but in my case, it was totally worth waiting for.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 10 November 2017
Fits my 3DSXL perfectly, even with the polycarbonate shell. Fits 6 games, also each in their own protective shells and an extra stylus. It's hard yet light, making me feel at ease when travelling with my 3DS. A must have!