Customer reviews

Freakyforms Deluxe (Nintendo 3DS)

on 11 September 2014
Unfortunately I cannot comment as I bought this for my grandson, however I know he is reasonably happy with It, hence the 3 Stars.
on 24 March 2013
I bought this for my 6 year old son, and his 10 year old sister. I really like the game as I think it very creative, but I just can't tear my kids away from their fasterer, more exciting, dynamic mario games to give it a go, which is frustrating.
on 22 August 2016
Great entry point.
on 4 January 2013
Got this as a free download with a new 3ds xl I bought my 9 year old for Christmas.

My son enjoys being creative and his favourite games are Little Big Planet and LBP Karting but he only enjoys the create modes in these games.

I read a couple of reviews on the game before I downloaded it and although the ones I read were a bit negative about it I knew that this was the sort of game my son might enjoy.

I was right and he's hardly put it down since we downloaded it for him.

He loves creating the creatures and then bringing them to life. I've had a quick go at the editing tools and it appears easy to use. As a download it came without a brochure of any sort but my son has had no problems at all getting to grips with it all but then again this is right up his street.

Not sure how much this would appeal to children who are simply looking for a platform game though as the creative element is pretty much what the game is all about.
on 29 January 2013
My seven year old daughter and niece are both in love with this game and don't want to put it down. You are able to create formees by using lots of shapes and combining them together in many different ways. The formee can be taken on quests where you search dungeons and find treasure. The platform action is easy and ideal for younger players. Sometimes your formees will have fun battles with other formees, that you find on your quest. You can even create secnery for the levels of what you explore, which is pretty cool stuff indeed. You can also exchange your formees through StreetPass. Most children love drawing and making things and it's, even more fun, to have your creations come to life in a game. Freakyforms Deluxe has been the biggest 3DS hit with my daughter since the Nintendogs + Cats - Toy Poodle + New Friends (Nintendo 3DS) game.
on 18 January 2013
My 9 year old had loads of fun with this game. He doesn't seem to play it much anymore and only had it under a month.
on 22 February 2015
This game really surprised me. I bought it for my niece (7) for christmas and we went through some of the character creation, now she loves telling me about how many creatures she's unlocked and made. She's even started using it to make creatures to then copy as a drawing.

It's not the longest or most difficult game (as far as I can tell) and some kids will probably drop it fairly quickly, but there are a lot of customisation options for making the different monsters which encourages some creative problem solving on the childs part.
on 14 October 2015
My 5 year old son plays this more than any other DS game he owns, it has given him hours of entertainment creating characters, great for his imagination. In terms of value for money this is definitely the best £5 I have ever spent!
on 23 December 2015
My son LOVES this game! He got it when he was 6 and found it easy to use but it was also hugely enjoyed by my 12 year old daughter. Really great buy as many of the other DS games are either too young or too complicated.
on 14 March 2015
My 7 year old likes creating characters on this game. It is a pleasant change from so of the other games available.