- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (Black)
- Dual Screens open up new possibilities - use the touch screen as an inventory reference for role-playing games, to view maps for your favourite strategy game, or see racing action from two perspectives at once
- Navigate menus or access inventory items simply by touching the screen with stylus or fingertip
- Tough film over touchscreen protects it
- Advanced 3D graphics engine and 16-channel audio, for graphics and Sound that are superior to other portable game systems
- All-new PictoChat feature allows DS users to write messages with an on-screen Keyboard or the stylus and send them wirelessly
- Built-in Microphone port for voice control of games, or for voice chat with other DS players
- Less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- BBFC Rating:
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Nintendo DS Lite Black Games Console
In a nutshell:
It may have taken the world by storm with its huge range of genuinely innovative new games but theres no denying that the Nintendo DS is not exactly the most portable of portable consoles. Thats all changed now with this sleek and sexy update.
When the Nintendo DS was first announced it was dismissed by many as a white elephant with a gimmicky interface and underpowered graphics. Over 15 million sales later and the story is a little different. The DS Lite is fully compatible with all existing Nintendo DS (and Game Boy Advance) games but its smaller, sleeker and lighter with a new design that perfectly matches the Nintendo Wii console. The most impressive feature is the new backlit screens which offer the sharpest image ever seen on a portable console. The DS Lite is available in three separate colours: White, Black and Pink.
Most exciting feature:
The DS Lite now has four brightness settings the highest is brighter than even the PSP and is clearly visible in any lighting condition. That sound? That'll be Sony executives running to the hills - wearing sunglasses.
Since you ask:
The Nintendo DS is the fast selling console ever in Japan. When the DS Lite was released, it sold out instantly, with queues of over 1,000 people a common sight.
The bottom line:
The DS gets a face lift to become Nintendos best looking portable ever. - Harrison Dent
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did buy this Used. So there were obviously a few things that weren't perfect. They could have at least wiped some of the dirt off of it before sending! But that was a easy wipe down to fix. I was also really surprised that it was packaged in an old shoe box..... But nothing was damaged through the post, so all is well there. The stylus won't stay in the slot for it, it just keeps sliding out. And the screen protectors were a little larger than the actual screen itself, so bubbles happen quite often and for someone who's slightly ocd about bubbles under the screen protectors it's a little annoying. These few little things (I say little because they don't have any effect on the actual playing of the system) along with the weak hinging (creaky - sounds like it could come apart if dropped at all) on the console are the reason I took a star away.
These are only minor issues that come along with buying any used system. Overall the console came in pretty good condition and plays well. Good deal for the price.
Otherwise I'm happy with this purchase, the delivery was fast too and I was able to track the package thanks to an email from Royal Mail.