- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Nineteen Stars: Study in Military Character and Leadership Paperback – 25 Jan 1993
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
First, you have probably already heard of each of the 4 gentlemen chronicled in the book. There's a certain amount of comfort to be drawn, as you open the book for the first time.
Second, because the book is called "19 Stars" instead of "20 Stars," you'll want to know how Patton messed it up. You won't be disappointed, and you'll probably agree in the end.
Third, in his selection of these 4 men in particular, Mr Puryear shows 4 distinct ways to get to the top of the same profession. You and I probably won't make it to the top of our professions, but to see and compare the 4 avenues allows us to consider how we can improve our lot, given who we are and where we are at this time.
Fourth, if you read the book cover to cover, you'll most likely agree with Puryear, to the extent that he even wrote a sequel of sorts called "Character is EVERYTHING."
In short, this book is not simply military history or biography, although it is both of those. It's also a case study in leadership, offering insights any of us may study and use in our own lives.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence