Size: 125 ml|Colour: Transparent|Change
Price:£5.40+ Free shipping

on 13 November 2015
Does what it says it will do. If it weren't for the sponge applicator on the top coming off to easily, then I'd give this five stars. It also cleans fingernails.

Frankly, my boots were utterly filthy. After cleaning them under the tap they still had a layer of grime on them that water just wouldn't remove. This stuff did though, gradually lifting the muck away. The only issue was that halfway through, the sponge applicator on the top started to peel away and then eventually came off completely. I finished the job by rubbing the gel in with my fingers, which worked but took a little longer. If your skin is sensitive to detergents you might want to wear gloves for this; I didn't and one side effect was that I was left with lovely clean fingernails.

So if your boots are as dreadfully mucky as mine were and cleaning them under the tap won't shift all the dirt, I can recommend using this to bring your boots back to something like showroom condition. Just be aware that the sponge applicator will probably come off before you've finished the job. I wouldn't recommend it just for cleaning your fingernails, though it will do that as well.
on 30 December 2012
Does exactly what it is advertised as, cleans footwear deep down and restores breathability.

Do not use fairy liquid or the like in place of this, fairy liquid ruins the waterproofing and doesn't clean as well.
on 31 December 2014
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel - I am not sure it actually does anything that plain lots of old water, a stiff brush and elbow grease doesn't do. I will use a few more times to see if it is worthwhile buying again but I have a feeling it won't be getting more.
on 12 November 2011
This is a useful produce which does what it says. I followed the instructions and was satisfied with the result
on 2 June 2014
Is was looking for something to clean my Brasher walking boots as they were completely caked with mud after a recent walk. I settled for this one and to be honest after washing off the worst of the mud and then using this, it was quite a phenomenal transformation. Would definitely recommend.
on 16 September 2015
Not really a gel - more of a thin runny liquid. The applicator broke off the first time I used it and the 'gel' didn't really give better results than plain old warm water and a brush. Probably wouldn't buy it again.
on 11 October 2013
Always used just warm water before, but this did sem to remove a lot of dirt from both my leatger and my wifes fabric walking boots so did thge job
on 1 January 2015
Nikwax just gets better - now there's nothing to touch it. I can spend the extra money on really good boots and Nikwax will make them last for years. Also used it to restore some great boots I bought second hand. Brilliant on motorbike boots too.
on 3 February 2015
Does the job. Smells of ammonia and the sponge applicator broke off the second time I used it. Still ok to squirt the stuff out but not sure I'd get it again.
on 16 May 2014
Great product, got my very muddy boots clean in no time. Would most certainly recommend this product and use it again.

See one answered question