Nikon 1 J1 Compact System Camera - Red (10-30mm Lens Kit, 10MP) 3 inch LCD Screen
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Super high-speed AF CMOS sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting - up to 60fps at full resolution
- New EXPEED 3 processor - 2 powerful engines that can process images at 600 megapixels per second
- High-resolution electronic viewfinder
- Groundbreaking shooting modes
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Colour Name: Red (10-30mm Lens Kit)
Nikon 1 J1 Mirrorless System Camera Red 10-30mm Lens Kit 10MP 3.0 LCD FHD
Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL20
Battery Charger MH-27 (with power cable)
USB Cable UC-E15
ViewNX 2Installer CD
Movie Creator editing software
Reference Manual CD
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When Nikon announced this new 'revolutionary' camera I was waiting in anticipation. The reviews has been mixed and when you go to any store, the sales people are not always up to speed with the camera. The highlight stats which are the obvious ones stand out such as the super fast shutter 60fps and the worlds fastest auto focus.
The most obvious thing you will notice is the lack of buttons like you get with other interchangeable lens cameras and also the weight. The build quality is first class and feels more like a Leica than a £500 camera. It feels more solid and sturdy than most DSLR's at this price bracket. All the buttons have a reassuring feel and quality to it.
After using this camera for a couple of months and using it in situations where I would have pulled the big Nikons, I am delighted with the results. Tricky low light situations are handled brilliantly. Indoor photos are clear, well balanced and if fill-in flash required, the balance of the picture is superb. No over powering flash or darkened backdrop. Night shots are easily handled without tripod. The Auto ISO adjusts the sensitivity with shutter speed, and the continuous shutter and you get a sharp handheld night shot. I used this for the Christmas lights on the streets. Easy Peezy!
The sensor size 10MP is more than you will need. Sensor crop at 2.Read more ›
This is what I like:
1. Small enough (I bought the 10mm 2.8 kit) to fit in my jacket pocket: I wanted a camera to have with me all the time. I've tried micro 4/3 but they always feel like Hobson's choice, all the draw backs of a DSLR, none of the pluses of a compact.
2. Silent. I shoot street all the time. I find in a candid situation my DSLR's mirror clack was a deal breaker.
3. Handles noise sensibly. Up to ISO 400 noise is virtually not an issue. At 800 and 1600 The noise has a pleasant film like character, that favours sharpness over aggressive noise reduction.
4. There's some chance to exploit shallow depth of field. If you exploit your situation, ie your subject is close to, with a background isolated by some distance, the bokeh is quite nice. This is a 1" sensor and just can't do what a DSLR can in this area, but I've been surprised by how well the camera performs in this area, I'd expected performance more in line with a compact.
5. The Speed. Put simply it's blazing. In good light the auto focus locks instantaneously, then the camera will fill the buffer at 60 frames per second. This is changing the nature of my photographs.
6. The lenses. Right now there aren't many, but they're starting by offering the focal lengths you'd want, and they're really sharp. Very sharp indeed. The next lens I buy will be the 18.5mm f1.8, a 50mm equivalent.Read more ›
I got the two lens kit. The lenses are very sharp edge to edge and the implementation of vibration reduction is the best that I have seen on any system. There is a lovely depth of colour and vibrance to the shots. JPEG and RAW output seem quite similar in prints, though I prefer RAW and the supplied software will convert it nicely. Auto White Balance is really accurate though typical of all digitals, indoor under artificial light is best taken out of auto white balance.
The software automatically adjusts noise (unlike say Lightroom which the user has control over, though I actually found the results in relation to noise reduction similar in both products) The software can be sluggish when you zoom in to something (I am using a dual core laptop - just pre Core i) to work on but once there for post processing it runs fine.
battery usage seems slightly on the heavy side, I have bought a spare - but then I always do with every camera I buy. It cost £40 which seems cheaper than some other brands for an original. I have the camera set to continuous auto focus (default setting), which is probably why I find the battery usage higher than average.
The camera is famed for its auto focus speed and it is very fast in good light and poor light it seems to around the speed of any other mirrorless that I have used, which is still good.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The product is brilliant, however I did select it to be 'White' when ordering, and on my order it specified that colour as well however the one I recieved a 'Silver' camera. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Ellie Bird
I love this stylish camera. Not as bulky as a DSLR, a definite step up from a point and click. The flash is mighty powerful.Published 11 months ago by Thundermonkey
This is a neat little camera that does what I was looking for quite effectively. Easy to use, carry, and store compactly.Published 12 months ago by Bill
An Absolutely incredible camera. I purchased this in May 2015 and it fantastic. It takes fantastic pictures and it's a very good price also. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Craig
I was initially a bit worried about the packing which could have been better - lenses can be affected by rattle, but this item has turned out to be exactly as advertised, good as... Read morePublished 13 months ago by C. Morrison