Customer reviews

on 22 February 2010
I bought this book hoping it would give tips on how to get the best out of the camera. I have the PIP Expanded Guide to the D70 by Chris Weston which is excellent.
The D90 guide however just expands the detail of what button performs what operation as written in the Users Manual.
There are no suggested settings for particular occasions apart from tips that are contained in the users manual.

It is a well written book, clear & detailed but is really only a more easily understood of the manufacturers User Manual.
on 6 December 2011
Was a bit worried about this book but have found it to be very instructive and a great help .
it explains everything clearly and is very easy to both read and understand , i highly reccomend it
on 27 September 2010
I found this book to be just what I needed to help me understand the complex workings of the D90.As it is my 1st DSLR I needed something,and this fits the bill perfectly.
on 30 December 2012
Not much to learn from this book. Thom Hogans real world tome is much better. This is more a re writing of the manual in my opinion.
on 20 October 2015
I dont like the lay-out and format of this book not as good as the Nikon F5 book.
on 8 January 2017
Filled with useful information, better than usual camera guides I've read
on 14 December 2014
Excellent addition, would no hesitate recommending to others.
on 13 November 2014
Good book
on 7 January 2010
There are quite a few books available for the D90 and I have bought a few believe you me, I am not going to list them (or the DVD on the D90) but I think you should buy this book FIRST on Nikon D90.
on 20 July 2009
Only just bought this book. It is nicely designed with colour indexed sections. Will update once I have looked into it a bit more.

My original review said "scene recognition is included in the Amazon description of this book when the D90 does not have this feature, the D5000 does" but I was wrong and respectfully corrected.