- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Nikon D5200 For Dummies Paperback – 3 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Take professional–looking photos even if this is your first dSLR
- Use automatic shooting modes or move up to manual control
- Get creative with exposure, color, focus, and special effects
IN FULL COLOR!
Fantastic photos, marvelous movies master the features of your D5200, and get both
Now that you have your Nikon D5200, you′re probably eager to get out there and start shooting. But check out this book first! You′ll learn what all the camera′s controls are for, which exposure modes work best, how to control focus and color, and how to shoot movies. You also get tips for printing and sharing photos.
- Tour the controls find out what all the settings do and program your camera for automatic shooting
- Personalize adjustments learn to adjust the viewfinder for your eyesight, use the articulating monitor, and customize buttons
- Movies and more explore Live View mode, experiment with focusing options, and shoot both still images and movies
- Play that back set playback preferences, delete bad photos and protect great ones, and prepare photos for printing or e–mail
- Take charge master exposure control, manipulate focus and color, and manage flash
Open the book and find:
- Tips on choosing lenses
- The scoop on file formats
- How to use your monitor as a viewfinder
- Explanations of f–stops, shutter speed, and other terms
- Advice on downloading and processing photo files
- What "noise" is and how to control it
- Hints for capturing specific images
- Ways to edit photos using menu options
About the Author
Julie Adair King has been writing about digital cameras and photography for more than a decade. She is the author of several books on various Nikon and Canon cameras as well as Digital Photography For Dummies. She teaches beginning digital photographers at the Palm Beach Photographic Centre.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is both an extended user manual, and a general guide to photography. It covers everything from the ground up, giving you a basic understanding of aperture, exposure, shutter speeds, ISO and composure.
The book is well laid out, it has a comprehensive index at the back that you can refer back to when you need to find a specific thing, and a guide on the chapters in the front. The book itself is well bound, the front cover is thick and good quality. The paper inside is a dry sort of recycled paper, it's not the most glamourous and don't expect photos printed inside to be the best quality, but this doesn't detract from the book at all.
This book was very helpful to me when I first started out in photography, it's not the most inspirational photography book out there by any means, but it's practical and it works. It's simple, and it doesn't assume your skill level. As a beginner, this book is perfect.
Being tailored to the Nikon 5200, not only does it walk you through the basics of photography, but it also tailors the guide to your camera, which is incredibly useful. It will tell you what buttons you need to press to do certain things, and gives lots of hints and tips on how to get the most out of your camera.
It's a pretty big book, and not one to carry around with you, for a portable reference manual, I suggest the Nikon D5200 (Expanded Guide) which is more of an extended user manual, that is much better than the original one that Nikon provide you with when you purchase the camera, and it's also a great pocket sized book so it's perfect for keeping in the car or your camera bag.
I couldn't recommend this book enough to beginners, but if you are at a more advanced skill level, save the cash and get an extended user manual rather than this, as it contains a lot of information on the basics of photography that perhaps not every user will need.
would have been a 5 star review if this book had been available sooner as I had the camera for months before this was released
I am new to DSLRs and I have found this book to be invaluable because it not only deals with detailed specifics of the D5200 but it also gives a good background to DSLR photography in general. Each section is well laid out and the numerous screen shots presented throughout really help with inderstanding how to get the best from the camera. If you have just bought a D5200 I strongly recommend that you buy this manual.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews