on 11 November 2008
This is a great little set of 3 filters; UV, polariser and flourescent filters in a nice little case to keep them together. These fit perfectly onto the Nikon D40 with a Nikon 18-55 kit lens and also the Nikkor 55-200 VR lens too & the case is handy for putting them in the big bag so they don't get ruined. They give good results if used in the appropriate manner - I have no complaints & have taken over 2000 photos using the filters!
review image review image review image review image
22 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2009
I purchased these for my Nikon d60 recently,in my humble opinion they do exactly the same job as the much more expensive options.suffice it to say that I am well happy.
on 20 January 2009
I would thourghly recommend these filters as they are great value for money. The uv filter I have attached to my 55mm-200mm lense all the time, as it offers protetion against scratches etc. The polarizer filter gives great effect when take pics of water features. I haven't used the flu one to date, but am expecting it to do as it says on the packet.
All in all this is a great set of filters for the price.
on 9 July 2009
Fantastic value! Nicely made and optically fine. Case fits on the nikon shoulder strap with two deftly made slits and is inconspicuous.
Great product!
on 12 December 2011
These Vivitar filters are needed to aid me in getting the results required - in certain conditions - with my recently acquired Nikon camera.
Although I have not had time to actually try them out yet the item arrived in perfect condition, securely packaged and earlier than expected.
They are neatly tucked away within a lightly padded wallet (not too bulky) and each filter wrapped in a see through sleeve. Having removed the filters they have a good feel and are well made, I have fitted the U.V. filter to my 18-55 lens to test the fit and it's solid. All in all I feel I've made a good choice as Vivitar have been around for ever. The reason for not giving 5 stars is I haven't had time to field test yet. Hope this helps. D.
on 15 March 2009
If you're just starting to get to know filters then this kit (for 52mm lens size) is ideal and good value
on 18 October 2009
I bought it as a present for my fiance for his Nikon D60 and he says they are very good. Good quality and easy to use.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2010
The product was of poor quality, thread loose, case was nothing special. Pay for what you get I guess!
on 7 September 2009
3 very smart 52mm lenses in a very handy and stylish leather holder. Worth every penny.
on 22 February 2010
Really happy with these
Used on Nikon D60
UV works well in bright light