- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Nikon D300S Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Serial Shot Mode
- Shutter Priority
- Aperture Priority
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Nikon D3400 + AF-P 18-55VR Digital SLR Camera & Lens Kit - Black
Nikon D500 Body Single-Lens Reflex Digital Camera-Black
Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Body Only (16.2MP) 3 inch LCD – (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Nikon D7200 Digital SLR Camera Body (24.2 MP, Wi-Fi, NFC) 3.2-Inch LCD Screen
Nikon D800E Digital SLR Camera Body Only - Including Capture NX 2 (36.3MP) 3 inch LCD
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||£4.48||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Elixir UK||GLOBE TRADING||Crystal Clear Discounts||NGA (UK)||Carmarthen Cameras|
|Display Size||3 inches||3 inches||3.2 inches||3 inches||3.2 inches||3.2 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||12 megapixels||24.72 megapixels||20.9||16||24.2||36.3 megapixels|
|Has Image Stabilization||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||7.4 x 14.7 x 11.4 cm||12.4 x 7.5 x 9.8 cm||14.7 x 8.1 x 11.5 cm||7.62 x 13.21 x 10.41 cm||0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1 cm||14.6 x 8.15 x 12.3 cm|
|Item Weight||0.84 kg||445 grams||0.76 kg||0.78 kg||0.68 kg||0.9 kg|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||12 Watt Hours||120 Watt Hours||2 Watt Hours||14 Watt Hours||14 Watt Hours||14 Watt Hours|
|How is the Lithium Battery packaged?||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries packed with equipment|
|Max Focal Length||—||55||55 mm||85 mm||90 mm||—|
|Min Focal Length||—||18||16 mm||18 mm||19.5 mm||17 mm|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||12 megapixels||24.72 megapixels||21.51 megapixels||16.2 megapixels||24.2||36.8 megapixels|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card; CompactFlash||Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card||Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card||Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card||Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card||CompactFlash; Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card|
|Special Feature||Serial Shot Mode; Shutter Priority; Aperture Priority||3D||3D compatibility^Auto Exposure (AE) lock^Auto Focus (AF) lock^Auto focusing (AF) modes: Continuous Auto Focus, Servo Auto Focus, Single Auto Focus^Battery charger included^Battery life:1240 shots^Bluetooth^Built-in microphone^Dioptre correction^EditingResizing, Rotating, Trimming^Eye Relief:1.6 cm^Flash exposure compensation^Full HD^GPS^Light metering: Centre-weighted, Highlight-weighted, Matrix, Spot^Live view^Mounting Type:Bayonet^Near Field Communication (NFC)^Operating temperature range:0 - 40 °C^PictBridge^Self-timer^Self-timer:Copper ethernet cabling technology: 2,5,10,20 s^Sill image capture resolution:(L) 5568 x 3712\n\n(M) 4176 x 2784\n\n(S) 2784 x 1856^Touch sensitive screen^Tripod mountable^Vari-angle LCD display^Video recording^Yes||—||Serial Shot Mode; Shutter Priority; Aperture Priority||Serial Shot Mode; Shutter Priority; Aperture Priority|
|Viewfinder Type||ottico||Optical||Optical||optical||Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder||electronic|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Nikon D300s SLR Digital Camera (Body Only) builds upon the success of the D300 by adding 720p HD Video Recording. With a 51-point autofocus system, 100% viewfinder accuracy, 7 frames per second continuous shooting, and low light sensitivity (expandable to ISO 6400), the D300s boasts a professional-grade feature set in a compact, highly durable, metal body. The 12.3 megapixel image sensor coupled with Nikon's exclusive EXPEED processor ensures ample resolution for discerning shooters with vivid, life-like colour and stunning detail.
Advanced Live View Technology allows users to compose photos and video with the camera's bright, 920,000 dot LCD. HD Video is captured in true broadcast-quality 1280 x 720 at a smooth, cinematic 24 frames per second. An integrated mono microphone allows you to capture spontaneous audio with video, and a 3.5mm stereo input offers higher quality options for professional applications.
Rugged and reliable, the D300s now adds dual slots for both CompactFlash and SD/SDHC memory cards. Either card can be used for primary storage; the secondary card can be configured for overflow, mirror capture, or video recording. RAW and JPEG files can even be saved to separate cards for convenience. Images can also be copied between cards for easy sharing. With a host of new features and next-generation photo and video technologies, the Nikon D300s offers extremely high levels of performance and functionality to photo enthusiasts and professionals alike.
- 12.3 Megapixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor: Delivers stunning high resolution, low-noise images with striking detail and tonal gradation.
- Nikon EXPEED Image Processing: Drives breathtakingly rich image fidelity, low noise and fast image processing.
- HD Video Recording: Capture cinematic 24fps, 720p HD movie clips, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility - featuring stereo mic input and AF operation.
- Continuous Shooting up to 7 fps: High speed shooting and fast response - essential to versatile performance in a wide variety of shooting disciplines.
- 3" LCD: Every 921,000 dot monitor is factory-calibrated to assure accurate colour for critical still image review and Live View or D-Movie shooting.
- One-button Live View: Handheld and Tripod Live View modes, activated with one button, for challenging studio and remote shooting conditions.
- Low Noise ISO Sensitivity from 200 to 3200: Additional expanded ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 100 equivalent) and Hi-1 (ISO 6400 equivalent) extend versatility to match shooting requirements.
- Fast, Accurate 51-point Autofocus: Features 4 Dynamic AF modes including 3D Focus Tracking for precise autofocus and razor sharp images.
- 1,005 Pixel 3D Colour Matrix Metering II: Nikon's unique RGB metering evaluates colour information to determine exposures with remarkable accuracy.
- Scene Recognition System: Referencing an onboard image database and teamed with RGB metering, SRS enables even more sophisticated determination of exposures and auto white balance, along with faster, more accurate autofocus.
- Dual Memory Card Slots (CF and SD/SDHC): Assign card functions from a variety of storage options, optimizing available memory and file handling.
- Dynamic Integrated Dust Reduction System: Ultrasonic process combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality.
- Picture Control: Select from 4 pre-set image capture preferences (Standard, Neutral, Vivid, and Monochrome, plus 9 user customizable settings) controlling Sharpening, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, and Hue.
- Active D-Lighting: Optimizes shadow and highlight detail in real time. Selectable values and 5-frame ADL bracketing offer complete control.
- In-camera Image Editing: Exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Edit Movie, D-lighting, Image Overlay, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) processing and more.
- Rugged and Durable: The strength and precision of magnesium-alloy construction with advanced dust and moisture countermeasures is teamed with a shutter mechanism tested to 150,000 cycles for real-world reliability.
- 100% Viewfinder Accuracy: Offers a perfect representation of everything in the frame.
- Virtual Horizon Graphic Level Indicator: Demonstrates an active graphics-based representation of the horizon through the viewfinder or using Live View.
- Excellent Battery Performance: Up to 950 shots per EN-EL3e battery charge or as many as 2,950 shots with the optional MB-D10 Battery Grip and optional EN-EL4a battery.
Must be at least 18 & over to purchaseSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I decided to buy the D300s even though it's a fairly old model now, and probably due for replacement soon. The alternatives were either too expensive (D700, D800) or rather poor by comparison (D7000).
I have just done an informal shoot with the D300s and 17-55 2.8 DX (and a 20mm 2.8) and the results are just stunning. The camera is a joy to use. Focus is fast and accurate. The matrix metering is nearly always spot-on. The camera fits your hand like a glove (if you are used to large pro body cameras). The out-of-camera JPEG images are sharp and clean, and the colours are natural yet vibrant with the default settings. In fact, the JPEGs out of this camera are usable for most of my needs (not so with the D2x). I rarely have to resort to RAW, but if I need to, I can now save the RAW files to a separate card.
Battery life seems very good so far - much better than the D200. The dual card slot is a handy bonus.
The viewfinder (for a DX) is bright and clear and uncluttered with unnecessary info.
This is a refined professional camera and even though it's a few years old now, it is still a knock out piece of kit.
Don't think about it. Buy it.
This is a semi or almost a professional camera. It is heavy, has solid body, and feel balanced in hand.
It is an ideal upgrade from my Nikon D40X. At first intimidating, I began learning from instruction manual. But I found it somewhat tedious. So bought Nikon D300S dummies which proved most helpful.
The picture quality is superb. Possibilities are limitless.
Most recent customer reviews