Nikon Coolpix L29 ( 16.44 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,2.7 -inch LCD )
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fast FREE Shipping
- Verified Supplier
- Great Customer Service
- Over 32,000 Products in stock!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Available at lower than market price Also includes a 4 GB PNY Premium Memory Card and 2 Energizer Alkaline AA Batteries
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Don't get too over excited about this, as most models in this range are merely passable for smaller print quality and very basic.
But they do at least offer a very cheap way to pick up a camera, and they also make reasonable first cameras for kids without the worry of damaging a more expensive camera.
My quick summary of the L29 is as follows
+ Simple and easy to use pure point and shoot
+ 5x zoom lens giving an equivalent of 26-130mm on 35mm full frame, not a bad wide angle view
+ 720p HD video recording, mono sound but not too bad quality wise
+ Image quality is acceptable for a budget compact and making smaller prints, don't pixel peep at 100% or try making wall posters, for normal users prints are quite decent up to A4 in good light and 8x6", 5x7" etc. Images can be a bit mushy at 16mp resolution 1:1 as most compacts are in this price range.
+ Pretty consistent metering and ok flash exposures, colours are quite punchy overall
+ 2.7" 230k LCD is par for the course on these models it's not bad really usable in most lighting, contrast drops off a bit in harsh sunlight
- Battery life is poor with the supplied AA alkaline cells, Nikon say you get 200 shots I got just over 150. Don't waste your time with Alkaline batteries just pick up a pack of decent Ni-MH batteries. (you'll get about double the number of shots over 300)
- Min focus of 10cm isn't that close in line with others in this price range but if you want a budget macro camera look for a model with at least 5cm min focus
- Lens is slow at the telephoto end (f/6.Read more ›
1. They are operated by 2 AA batteries. Considering they were £70 each, I expected a rechargeable battery.
2. The picture quality isn't brilliant, they don't handle movement well so often gets lots of blurring.
3. Shutter speed is quite slow so not great if you're photographing children or anything moving.
Would have been nice if they'd also come with a memory card, although I know most cameras don't.
One of them just stopped working with no rhyme or reason, it was about 4 months old and even when putting new batteries in it, it turns on, then straight off again. I wouldn't recommend these. I tend to use cannon cameras now and love them.
It is a very very good camera. It comes from Nikon, a major brand in cameras.
It is so easy to use and has lots of functionality.
All the operating instructions, if anyone has a problem, can be found on line. A full manual is available which puts to bed all the gripes about this.
The positives far outweigh any negatives for this camera.
Great price for a really good branded camera.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
a very good nice and clear pictures handy for holidays as it is very small so you can put it in your pocket no film required as its a as its asd card I would recommend at least 32... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Les Monday
This camera has to be the worst camera I have ever encountered (professional photographer) Steer well clear of Nikon or pay the price. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Photographer
THIS LITTLE CAMERA IS AWESOME!!! I HAVE TAKEN SOME AMAZING PICTURES WITH IT & ITS WAY BETTER THAN PHONE CAMERAS!!Published 9 months ago by Wendy
very easy to use , good use of battery power as my last one swallowed batteries for fun !!Published 9 months ago by Mr. M. Lyne
my sister had one on holiday recently and i was so impressed i decided to get one and i like itPublished 10 months ago by patricia thornley
works well vary simple to use when in a hurry to grab a snap shotPublished 11 months ago by Terry S.