VINE VOICEon 4 March 2014
Coming from an old Canon Ixus I was expecting great things from this camera. Certainly the specs on paper are fantastic as well as the 20MP rating. What affects this camera though is how slow it is, from taking one shot to the next it likes to wait before allowing you to take a shot and this can be up to 5 seconds in which time the subject has moved. It turns out the more options you have turned on such as face recognition, the slower this gets. I am surprised the rating is this high as it's so irritating to use I tend to leave it at home and take my SLR.

Such a shame.
on 21 March 2014
I have never written a review on here before so there's a first time for everything.

I bought this camera for my wife in July 2013 and it has performed very well. My normal camera is a bulky Canon SLR however I have used the Nikon whenever I have been on a business trip or a family outing. Even with a case, the Nikon hardly takes up any room in a jacket pocket. All was well until today March 21st, the CCD appears to have gone faulty. I have always wanted to see the aurora borealis but not on the LCD screen when pointing the camera at my garden. I am within the 12 month guarantee period however I could not see anything on the website showing that I was entitled to a refund or a guarantee. I feared I was in for a difficult conversation with Amazon.

The people at Amazon have responded instantly to my request for a callback which was very impressive. I asked the agent if they could send another camera but he could not find one available for dispatch. Perhaps he was looking at the .com website as there are plenty on the .co.uk website ? The great news is that the price of the camera will be refunded once I have returned the faulty one to them (free postage). The agent was extremely helpful and there was no quibble over the problem so 10 out of 10 goes to Amazon for the customer experience. Now the question is "will I buy a like for like" replacement ? Overall, we were very happy with the Nikon so I will order another when the refund comes through. I guess we were just unlucky with this one. It's a good little performer and I am more than happy to give Nikon another try. Four stars from me !
on 22 August 2017
Does exactly what it says on the tin !
5* Seller. Superfast dispatch & delivery. Great value
& item as described. Thank you
on 9 April 2014
quite compicated but as i am slowley getting used to it it is becoming better and i am getting more used to the different programs
on 15 April 2013
Stunning colour, small compact, can take any where, pictures good quality, easy to use, made excellent birthday present for college student
on 2 October 2013
bought this as a birthday present for daughter-in-law, she really rates it and thinks it is really cool apart from that it also takes some good photos
on 14 May 2014
I decided to purchase this camera because of the different colour and high pixels. During the purchase the blue colour camera was a bit expensive compared to other colours.
on 10 January 2014
Nikon COOLPIX S3500 Compact Digital Camera - Black (20.1MP, 7x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCDHaving bought one of these cameras I have taken a few days to really try it out in various situations. I have found that in the close up mode is very difficult to obtain a sharp focus. In landscape mode it produces acceptable results. My biggest doubt about this camera is it's claim to be 20.1 megapixels. My Canon SLR, which is 18 megapixels produces full frame pictures which average around 9.5mb, this camera produces pictures which average around 4.5mb, which leads me to suspect that the camera is, in fact, no more than 12 megapixels. It will never replace my SLR in terms of the quality of the pictures it produces, or in terms of sheer versatility. It is, however, pocket sized, and therefore fills a completely different niche.
on 22 May 2013
Initially I was skeptical because of the average reviews. Glad I took to plunge and bought this great little camera. I'm no technology expert but it fulfils my needs of taking good quality pictures with ease. The pictures are sharp, great with motion and the flash works extremely well (something my previous camera did not live up to). The little features like 'selective colour' are fun and make your pictures that bit more creative. Can't recommend this camera enough!
11 Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse