- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A 5x FX-format compatible telephoto zoom lens covering focal lengths of 80-400mm.
- Four ED lens elements and one super ED lens element adopted for advanced optical performance.
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to effectively reduce ghost and flare.
- VR performance equivalent to a 4-step increase in shutter speed (tested in accordance with CIPA guidelines at a focal length of 400mm).
- Equipped with an SWM for an AF system that is both quiet and one of the fastest in its class.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Nikon AF-P Nikkor 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR Lens - Black
Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Nikon+Motor
Nikon AF VR NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED Lens
Nikon 200-500 mm Lens for Camera
e/F/5.6 NIKON 200-500 mm AF-S NIKKOR ED VR Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||£4.96||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20.3 x 9.6 x 9.6 cm||14.6 x 8.31 x 8.31 cm||11.7 x 7.7 x 7.7 cm||17.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 cm||19 x 19 x 43.69 cm||26.75 x 10.8 x 10.8 cm|
|Item Weight||1.57 kg||0.68 kg||435 grams||1.34 kg||2.3 kg||2.09 kg|
|Max Aperture||5.6||34 mm||f/4||4.5||5.6 mm||f/5.6|
|Max Focal Length||400 mm||300||300 mm||400 mm||500 mm||500 mm|
|Min Focal Length||80 mm||70||70 mm||80 mm||200 mm||200 mm|
|Mounting Type||Nikon F||Nikon||Nikonbayonet||Nikonbayonet||Nikon F||Nikon|
Size Name: 80-400 mm f/4.5-5.6G
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
A highly anticipated update to Nikon's immensely popular AF 80-400mm telephoto lens, the new AF-S 80–400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR telephoto zoom lens boasts an improved optical construction that easily meets the demands of today's DSLRs.<pWell-suited to subjects such as wildlife, landscapes or sports, this lens covers everything from mid- to super-telephoto. It offers superb optical performance in diverse conditions, and Nikon's Vibration Reduction system allows for up to 4-stop compensation throughout the zoom range, even at 400mm.
AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
From the manufacturer
Whether you’re shooting low-light sports, wildlife, fashion, portraits or everyday subjects, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II will beautifully capture bright, razor-sharp images and HD videos. This lens is lauded by pros and serious hobbyists for its quick and responsive autofocus, super steady Vibration Reduction, accurate color rendition, contrast and gorgeous bokeh. With an f/2.8 fixed maximum aperture and Nikon’s advanced lens technologies, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II could very well be the best lens investment you could make.
Catch the shots that matter
Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture and VR II
An update to Nikon’s legendary f/2.8 fixed aperture telephoto zoom lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II captures stunning full-frame images with remarkable speed. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.5 stops* of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual focus override. No matter what you’re shooting, you’ll capture it with uncompromising speed and precision—at any focal length.
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II photo of an elderly couple on a park bench
Images in a class of their own
Renowned NIKKOR optics and advanced Nikon lens technologies
Photos and HD videos captured with the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II are second to none. The lens draws peak performance from advanced D-SLRs for exceptional sharpness, contrast and color rendering. From its enhanced autofocusing (SWM), VR II image stabilization, Nano Crystal Coat (N), Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass and more, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II will broaden your shooting potential and inspire some of your most impressive shots yet.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Please note this is a big and heavy lens especially when paired with the D810. That said though, I hand-held the camera and lens all day (9.30am till 5pm) with no problem as it is really well balanced. Expensive yes but we'll worth the investment if you want a zoom lens that shoots like a prime
Just the feel of the lens will blow your mind away!
Picture quality is just fantastic!
I bought a cheaper Tokina 100MM 2.8 thinking i can get by it, but the focus hunting thing made me mad!
This has a manual overdrive and that just makes life so much more easy! If you are not on a FX body there are couple other choices. But i think this is just perfect for the FX body owners!
Iam so happy that i picked up this lens.
I always use amazon and their delivery package is wonderful.
Minor prob is that it weighs a ton. However it balances beautifully on a tripod using the mount and the camera can just hang off the back no problem.