on 21 November 2014
brilliant super sharp little lens, very nearly does away with the need for a macro lens with it's close focusing ability, not saying I will never use a tripod again but the vrII really does mean you can leave your tripod at home in most general photography situations, I know I got a real bargain through amazon, but a small gripe no lens hood provided and in some side lit situations, like all lenses I have ever owned it really needs one to eliminate flare.
on 20 October 2015
The well formed 18 - 200mm zoom provides up to 300mm equivalent zoom on a DX Nikon body. I've used it from flower blooms to racing cars screeching around motor circuits and pulled some very sharp and well rendered photos. On auto tracking it will hold focus on formula cars approaching head on at 180mph plus by setting 1/500th shutter speed. It won't pull in clear shots if the racing car is too far out for that you'll need a pro lens but for 90% of the frames you want it will give superb results - with the right technique. It's a bit naff for landscapes but for interiors and tightly framed shots of buildings and townscapes the results are stunning. Don't believe reviews that infer "jack of all trades master of none" this lens will produce excellent well rendered photos pin sharp for a life time of use. It is an investment that will step an order of magnitude above no brand lenses and give you a robust piece of kit you'll use day after day.
review image review image
on 10 July 2017
Great wide range lens, solid built. It's a perfect fit for my Nikon DX camera - D7000. The image quality is great. I bought this lens so I don't need to carry all my other heavy lenses with me when I go travelling, without missing the opportunity to cover wide range of distance. I took it out with me a few times when I was up on the mountain doing snowboarding so I can capture some nice pictures as well. Very handy!
on 17 March 2016
Very nice lens.
Bought it to go on my D300 (an old camera, now, but still, in my opinion, capable of good pics).
Wanted something lighter than my 18-300 whopper kit lens that I bought when I got the D300 and which often caused me to leave my camera at home.
D300 + this lens is a very nice combo, handles beautifully, it's like having a new camera.
on 22 December 2016
Its a kit lens so don't expect it to arrive in anything other than a white box and no warranty. As for the lens itself it is a good product which delivers very acceptable images throughout the range and you can get very close to insects if used in manual focus. Cheap plastic mount so be careful or you could snap it of the camera.
on 7 May 2017
Love this lens, I am very much an amateur and this lens is hardly ever off my camera. Gives excellent results
on 8 May 2017
This lens is just amazing. Ideal for the photos I shoot. Highly recommend if you love photography and will also add a good lens collection to your photography kit.
on 21 July 2017
With the exception of my trusty 50mm Prime, this has now become my GO TO lens and is nearly always fitted on the camera. Great images and a very capable multi-function lens.
on 25 June 2017
Bargain price for such a quality lens. Packed well for transportation. Arrived in the time the seller estimated. Would buy again.
on 3 May 2017
I love this lens. now I can go out and take landscapes with just this lens. impressed with the quality.