on 3 April 2014
Before I bought this, I have to admit I was the Nike fuel bands biggest fan having read up about this. I read through all the bad reviews and convinced myself that they were all wrong and that the 5 or so good reviews were the only ones worth paying attention to.

Having had my Nike Fuel for 10 days, heres the reasons why you're probably better off guessing the daily figures in your head then paying attention to anything this band has to say.

Firstly, one of the main reasons I bought this band was that I believed it told you how many miles/kilometres you did in a day. I believe that, whilst this used to be a feature, Nike have done a software upload to take this out as they didn't see it to be accurate. So I had to do without and use the dodgy 2,000 = 1mile rule!

So now that I was forced to base my exercise routine on steps, I wanted to set a daily step goal function that most pedometers come with. No.....Nike fuel doesn't do that either. The only goal you're able to set is your daily Nike Fuel points, which lets face it, when you first start using the band, it is impossible to set a target that will challenge you as you do not know the value of the fuel points.

Another problem I found with this was that it was hideously inaccurate. I only have myself to blame as most of the bad reviews focused its inaccuracy but again I thought how bad can it be. I found that if you walk with your hands in your pocket (which, lets face it, isn't entirely uncommon), it won't register the steps, which means you were better off taking the car - at least then you have a faint hope that changing gear will count as a step!! I was travelling during the 10 days that I used this and when I was wheeling a suitcase along a busy Heathrow airport for 30minutes looking for my gate, it turned out that I apparently only did 20steps.

After about a week of using this, I started having problems with it. Firstly, after a good day of exercise it decided to reset itself towards the end of the day, so my whole days figures reset itself. Then, finally after 10 days of using it, the nail in the coffin!! The band stopped working altogether....nothing! I thought it must be out of battery (which I have to add happens often) so I plugged it in my laptop but nothing happened. The band is broken completely.

So now I am going to do what I should have before - go out and buy a cheaper, more value for money FitBit version (which also has a lot better reviews). The Nike fuel band is a horrible product, I can still feel it starting at me from inside its box! I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!
on 19 December 2013
I have the latest model, Fuelband SE version. It can only track vigorous hand movements like jogging. So lifting weights would not give much Fuels. To illustrate, I earned more Fuels on the day I didn't go to the gym.

Introducing "NikeFuel" as a system of measurement is just awkward. The Nike website won't tell me what it is. Just some sweeping statements. So if I walk for 10 minutes and earned 50 NikeFuels, what is it? Just like Swatch's Beat, who cares other than the companies that created them?

When I first logged on to the website, I was asked to choose my goal. By default, there is a Fuel target of 2400. They should have explained what it means to me. Poor first impression. I easily achieved this target, but I am not sure how much to increase. There is a better way of choosing a target, but it's not apparent. The website and the accompanying software is so sparse it is annoying. I cannot really find specific answers.

I am sorry but I can't get around using the band efficiently. Connecting the band to the PC is a hassle. It won't connect at times, the accompanying app for the PC is too clever for its own good - there is no shut down function other than unplug the band. And which side to connect the band to the USB? Should have included a direction sign. To get to the time on the FuelBand, I have to press thrice. After a while, I am bored with it and I am relying on other means to tell time. Unless the band do more than just an expensive pedometer, I am not having it attached to my body day and night.

Finally, to the head-honcho up in the head office. I use my mobile a lot. Hardly on the PC. Not supporting Android is absurd. In these day and age, lack of choice means segregation. I am not having this.
on 27 January 2013
Motivates but inaccurate. not sure how to re-callibrate, as the people who make the product cant answer, i cant be the only person who has an issue with it. I ran 6 miles on GPS, this damned thing shows four if Im lucky
on 22 October 2013
I received one as a Christmas gift, I was so impressed at 1st that I bought one for a relative as a birthday present! Both have broken twice!! I am currently seeking a refund off Nike for such a poor quality product. Do not buy!!
on 18 August 2013
This item has a well known fault apparently and i got one of them - worked for about 3 weeks and then would not charge or turn on so had to give up on it.
on 31 May 2013
When I first bought this, it worked perfectly and I was very pleased with it. However, progressive firmware "updates" have made it virtually unusable. Sometimes it doesn't reset to zero fuel at the start of each day. Sometimes it just won't display anything at all. Sometimes it doesn't synchronise properly. The behaviour of the device has become increasingly random. I have tried a complete factory reset several times with no luck. I can no longer recommend this device, It feels like an unfinished, beta product that keeps changing. Nike - if it an't broke don't fix it! These constant software updates have ruined this device.
on 21 October 2013
It's a lovely idea but badly done. All style over substance. We bought fuelbands, they very quickly had faults, Nike replaced them, replacements now have faults. I think it is just too early in this products lifecycle to be good enough. If it was sold as a beta i'd be less frustrated. It is fun and motivational when it works, but therein lies the problem, the 'when it works' bit is not often enough.
on 1 July 2015
I bought when around 2 and half years ago, and it worked fine for it's purpose, but that last 6 to 8 months it started not, charging properly and give error everytime I connect to the PC. Error Code 802... I have 2 friends who got it around the same time, and also the same problem. In the end, not a reliable product. The answer from Nike is "You need to replace it".... just after garantie expires, so I have to paid. they make good running shoes bad they suck a new tech.
on 21 January 2013
This product is brilliant for people who are looking to increase the level of activity you do in a day. It really motivates you to reach your own personal goals as well as doubling as a really cool watch!
on 3 October 2012
This device weighs very little on your arm (medium size, but attachment can be removed to tighten the band/reduce the diameter), but yet measures all your movements. Provides useful details on how active you are, or aren't. Coupled to the iPhone app, the detail lets you see where you need to be more active and provides goals to work towards. This alone helps you become more focused and active, which in turn, assists in losing weight, or toning up. Obviously, eating properly and exercising is key, but if you're not aware how active you actually are, or how much effort you're putting into your workouts, this band reveals all.

Display is nice and bright, battery life is impressive, and takes very little time to recharge using a USB port (cable included to connect to your PC).

Well worth it for those who need to shift a few pounds, less useful for those who already go to the gym regularly, and are in good shape.