Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£6.99|
Save £3.04 (43%)
Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians series Book 2) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I like this series and cant wait for Bastins story next I think the doctor who works at Seths labs trying to help the vamps will be his hea!
Marcus and Ami are a great couple and I love the twist Dianne Duvall gives for what Ami is, Marcus is great mean and moody with a soft shell for Ami good oneliners and a load of romance gold stars from me.
1. A Suspension Of Disbelief hat. You need quite a bit of SOD to read most fantasy/paranormal books, but this one requires a touch more than usual. So get yourself the amazing SOD hat and it will help you through those tough times.
2. The patience of a Saint. This is needed for all the time leading up to and including you finding out exactly who/what the heroine is. It is alluded to, it is hinted at, many wrong guesses will be made until you are literally shaking the book and screaming, "JUST TELL ME ALREADY!". If you can't get hold of the patience of a Saint I can recommend the patience of a Nun, the patience of a Shaolin Monk, or the patience of one of those guys who make those little ship in a bottle thingies.
3. Some heavy duty make up and concealer. If you are planning on reading this book in public this is an absolute must to cover up all of those blushes. Yes, this book is just as hawt as the last one.
4. And finally, you will need....to pre-order the next book! Because although this book wasn't quite as engrossing as the first one (I gave it 4 but really it's more like a 3.75 compared to the first one), this is still a very classy, well written paranormal book and any Paranormal Romance lover would be remiss not to add Dianne Duvall to their shelf. I certainly will be reading the next instalment, Phantom Shadows, when it hits the selves October 2nd, 2012.
Amiriska (Ami) was rescued by Seth and David from scientist who were torturing her. It takes time but eventually comes to terms with what has happened to her but she now has trouble in trusting anyone. She is not a coward, Seth and David have trained her to fight and decide that she will be Marcus's second much to his annoyance. Ami senses when Marcus needs help and when eight vampires surround and attack him she speeds to his defence.
This is actioned packed, romantic and Marcus tries to protect her the best way he can. She is courageous and brave and the two of them, above all odds finally come together to a lovely close. A good read.
I re-read the first book before reading this one, and while not necessary, it helps to understand Ami, and where she came from.
set approx. 18 months after Darkness Dawns, it tells of Ami, who was rescued by Seth and David in the first book, and Marcus, Roland's (what can only be described as) best friend. (you know how anti-social Roland is!)
Marcus is still grieving the loss of the love of his long life, only she never knew. Bethany came into his life, not once, but twice (I'll not tell you how) and he never managed to let her know how much he loved her. He also has no Second.
Seth sets Ami as Marcus' Second, and he isn't too happy about it, but gradually they come to an accord.
After seeing Ami fight, Marcus is amazed and shocked and turned on as hell. But its seeing Ami injured that sets him off, and gradually falls in love with her.
But Ami has a secret, that only Seth and David know. Marcus knows she is different, just not how.
Duvall leads us deeper in the world of the Immortal Guardians, with secrets all over the place and laying down for the next books. I love the descriptions and emotions that are in this book, you feel all the characters, right from the heart, and all their pain, cos, I tell ya, there is ALOT of physical pain in this book. much more than the other book, but its needed to understand Ami and who and what she is. so, violent, yes, and sexy as hell!
I highly recommend this series :-)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This second book in the series is just as enjoyable as book one and I'm looking forward to reading the next book.Published 1 month ago by Hil
From time to time the story stops dead and there follows a lecture on the efficacy of vegetarianism. It set my teeth on edge every time it happened. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
First of her immortals books I've read, damn good, need to read the first in the series now and keep,on going. Love em.Published 8 months ago by Miss V. M. Taylor
Really enjoyed this book; loved the characters, the twists & turns, the mystery, the passion it all kept me gripped. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Flora
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Fantasy
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > General
- Books > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Urban