- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Night Boat To Dublin [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£10.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
World War Two espionage drama. Robert Newton stars as Captain David Grant, a British secret agent who leads a daring Allied attempt to rescue Swedish atomic scientist Professor Hansen (Martin Miller) from under the noses of Nazi officer Keitel (Herbert Lom) and his minions.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Lawrence Huntingdon is very much second division, with Newton on auto-pilot, when you consider the performances he delivered for good directors in ‘Odd Man Out’ and ‘Obsession’, not to mention his celebrated period roles.
It made a pleasant change to see spies on a boat rather than the recent spate of thrillers set on trains but it lacked any real maritime atmosphere with only a toy in a bathtub shot and gangplank and deck sets to rely on and a ship interior that looked like a left-over hotel restaurant set.
I spent half the film wondering who the greedy steward was (“The face looks familiar”) until I realized that it was, of course the great character actor Leslie Dwyer, best known as the child-hating Punch and Judy Man from ‘Hi-De-Hi’.
There is a good compliment of villains but I wish Herbert Lom had been given a more prominent role.
Carroll Gibbons makes a welcome but all too-brief appearance, only tinkling the ivories, when I wished he had launched into ‘A Foggy Day’.
There was a rather nice symmetry with the beginning and ending taking place in two ancient towers.
Good solid entertainment. 3 ½ stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great crime thriller. A definite buy.
Robert Newton excellent in a good guy role.
Sinister crime chase/mystery/thriller. Read more
Awesome film, I really enjoyed it. Quick delivery and the item was in perfect condition.Published 22 months ago by V. streymoy