on 14 March 2017
Good insight and very useful book for any career focused woman. It makes you reflect on your behaviour at work and make adjustments accordingly.
on 26 May 2017
It's not patronising or fluffy, Just simple tools to help you at work. I recommend this book to everyone.
on 24 August 2014
A book that should be read by every young woman and given to every girl leaving school.
on 31 May 2016
I wish that I had read this book when it first came out. A must in every woman's library - I've already told my 11 yr old daughter that this must be on her reading list before she leaves university. This goes into my all time top reads to remain on my minimalist bookshelf.
It's well structured with excellent coaching tips throughout so easy to follow and implement.
on 17 February 2016
I found this one a difficult read and quite patronising. It held nothing of any use to me and has already made its way to the bin.
on 12 March 2017
The questionnaire in the beginning section was useful with enough information on those specific topics to help combat inherent mistakes. It also has an engaging voice.
on 24 March 2017
All working women have to ready this
on 11 November 2016
The delivery took a long time but it was worth waiting. I love it! So much good information. Highly recommend!
on 13 August 2017
Read 'Lean in' instead. I don't want to belittle this book. It had an important message when it was written, which is still relevant: little girls are trained and raised to behave a certain way, and this is not the appropriate behaviour for women to be taken seriously at work or as leaders. However, despite being a big fan of make up, being told to wear it so that men feel more comfortable with you at work makes me want to reach for the remover wipes just to make a point. It's great, but a little dated. I just can't get past the make up point. Loved Tina Fey too. Read her instead!
on 29 October 2015
I bought the as a gift for my Niece who is studying business. I flicked through the book on arrival to make sure it is suitable and I wish it had been published many years ago when I had started out in business, it would have made my life so much easier! I can thoroughly recommend it.