- Save 20% on Nextbase Carry Case Plus - When Bought With Any Nextbase Dash Cam when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by iZilla. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Also check our best rated In Car Camera reviews
- Car & Motorbike Store for a wide selection of top products, including car parts, travel essentials, maintenance tools and much more.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Nextbase 412GW 1440p QUAD HD In-Car Dash Camera Digital Driving Video Recorder with Wi-Fi - Black
|Price:||£109.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£20.99 (16%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Nextbase 412GW pushes the boundaries of what a Dash Cam is capable of, featuring QUAD HD 1440p footage, which delivers stunning image quality at 30 frames per second.
- The 412GW uses six-element sharp lenses, made up of 6 layers of glass to provide the ultimate in picture clarity, with a 140° viewing angle able to capture the entire road ahead.
- Click & Go Powered Magnetic Mount, the 412GW offers the ultimate in convenience and ease of installation. The Mount uses magnets and powered touch points, allowing the camera itself to be wire free.
- Ultra clear 3" LED display for ease of playback and menu selection. Inbuilt Wi-Fi allows you to download and share footage to your mobile or tablet using the Nextbase Cam Viewer app (IOS or Android).
- Camera, Mount, 4m long 12v Cigarette Socket Car Power Cable, Instructions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
Nextbase Front and Back Dual Lens In-Car DVR Dash Camera with Digital Driving Video Recorder DUO HD
1296P Full HD Night Vision Dash Cam, Innoo Tech Car Camera, 170°Ultra Wide Angle, G-sensor, Motion Detection, LDWS & FCWS, Parking Mode, 16G SD Card Included
Garmin Dash Cam 55 Camera - Black
AUKEY Dash Cam 1080P Ultra Compact Car Camera 170° Wide Angle Lens, WDR Night Vision, Motion Detection, G-Sensor and Loop Recording, 2" LCD
Garmin 3 inch Dash Cam 35 HD Vehicle Driving Recorder with GPS
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||iZilla||iZilla||SeaReef-EU||Amazon.co.uk||yueying||W Livingstone Ltd|
|Screen Size||3 inches||2 inches||4 inches||2 inches||2 inches||3 inches|
Style Name: 412GW
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Nextbase 412GW pushes the boundaries of what a Dash Cam is capable of, featuring QUAD HD 1440p footage, which delivers stunning image quality at 30 frames per second. The 412GW uses six-element sharp lenses, made up of 6 layers of glass to provide the ultimate in picture clarity, with a 140° viewing angle able to capture the entire road ahead. In the event of an accident, the clear and crisp footage is perfect for providing instant evidence to support an insurance claim and proving you weren’t at fault. Featuring the new Click & Go Powered Magnetic Mount, the 412GW offers the ultimate in convenience and ease of installation. The Mount uses magnets and powered touch points, allowing the camera itself to be free from wires. The 412GW can simply click on and off the mount, with the device starting automatically. Inbuilt Wi-Fi allows you to download and share footage instantly onto your mobile or tablet using the Nextbase Cam Viewer app (Available on IOS or Android). The app acts as your personal mobile storage for footage you want to keep and share with friends, family, an insurance firm or even the police. The 412GW is designed to be incredibly simple-to-use and the new super slim line design features an ultra-clear 3” LED panel and menu selection with an innovative touch button menu. SOS data protection prevents any crucial events from being deleted and the inbuilt GPS receiver provides vital speed and accurate location data that can be viewed on your PC or Mac. This information can be crucial in the event of an accident when sharing footage with an insurance provider or the police. The 412GW can easily be installed with the 12V power cable provided, or can be hardwired into your vehicle. It supports SDHC and SDXC micro SD cards up to 32GB, giving up to 4 hours’ worth of footage before the product loops.
Camera, Mount, 4m long 12v Cigarette Socket Car Power Cable, Instructions
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The picture quality is great, even when night driving. Its easy to transfer the files to computer via USB cable provided, transferring direct from the SD card or WiFi.
I only have two downsides which I have found with this dash cam but I don't feel in necessary to deduct a star rating;
Firstly the buttons are so sensitive that each time I remove the dash cam from the screen mount I always end up accidentally protecting a file which means in time I would have a SD card full of protected file, albeit very simple to format the card to remove these. Secondly I have had trouble changing the time on the dash cam due to the change in BST as it doesn't seem to store the new time I set. For the last six months the clock on the recording had been out by an hour, since the clocks changed in October this is no longer an issue.
I would still recommend it
There’s a lot to like but many irritations and imperfections. I chose the 412GW for its 1440p resolution and magnetic mount. I’m pleased with both of those aspects, also that settings are retained long-term, presumably in NVRAM, and it’s great that two mounting options (sticky pad and suction cup) are included in the box (but no spare sticky pad, unlike my old Transcend DrivePro).
Here’s what I dislike though:
• Maximum microSD card size is 32GB, on a newly released product, i.e. no SDXC support, unlike the DrivePro. That’s pretty appalling for a new product and means only around 3 hours’ recording at 1440p; I’m going to have to revert to 1080p for long journeys. Also, I sometimes unexpectedly want to refer to footage from a week or two ago, so would love to be able to use a 128GB card.
• Slow to get a satellite fix, much slower than my phone.
• Fringing around contrasty parts of the image – see attached screenshot of a small part of an image.
• On/off control for the motion sensor (something you may want to use while parked) is deep in the menus. I’m hoping they’ll assign it to a button in a future firmware update.
• Buttons have multiple functions, so it would be helpful if they supplied a printed manual or at least a subset of it for the glovebox; I’ve created my own, copying key information (such as button usage) from the pdf onto an A4 sheet.
• This is a physically wide dashcam and, at least in my car, obstructs my passenger’s view, unlike my old DrivePro; why didn’t they put the controls top and bottom instead of down the sides, to make it squarer? Perhaps the idea was to hide the camera behind the rear-view mirror, but that isn’t possible in either car I’ve tried (5-Series and Octavia)
The supplied PC software Replay 2 is usable but poor:
• No thumbnails of clips
• No way of making the video full-screen or resizing any of the panes
• No fast/slow motion
• No grouping of clips by date or trip
• Not possible to click on the map to move the point in the video
• Can’t move the map around
• For me, it often fails to play 1440p video smoothly, stuttering every few seconds, even after copying the clips from SD to HDD. The videos play perfectly in VLC and PowerDVD, so the problem doesn’t seem to be down to my microSD card or PC. In fact, I’ve tried it with two cameras and two different Class 10 cards (Sandisk and Lexar). Having said that, a friend is finding that clips play perfectly well in Replay 2.
Overall, I’m not unhappy with my purchase but I bought it as an upgrade to my old DrivePro 220 and it isn’t really that much better, especially in 1080p. There’s no fringing with the DrivePro and the playback s/w (DrivePro Toolbox) is superior in a number of respects (although still far from perfect). Using 1440p, the Nextbase does give slightly sharper images, though, and that’s more important. Audio recording is superior too.
If buying my first dashcam, I would, somewhat reluctantly, choose the 412GW. As an upgrade from the DrivePro 220, however, the 412GW leaves a lot to be desired; had I realised, I would have stuck with the DrivePro.
Incidentally, the 312GW, as well as being limited to 1080p, doesn’t come with a sticky-pad mount, just suction, and has completely different playback software that’s even worse than Replay 2. I’d pay the extra £20 or so for the 412GW, even if not planning to use 1440p all the time.
Come on NextBase – you can do better than this!
Most recent customer reviews