on 7 June 2015
I don't believe the list of songs is available either in the product description or in any of the reviews, so for those of you interested here is the choice:

1) One Winged Angel (FF7)
2) A New World (FFV)
3) Fight With Seymour (FFX)
4) Those Who fight (FF7)
5) Dark World (FF6)
6) Moogle Theme Medley (Mixed)
7) The Red Wings (FFIV)
8) The Promise / Blinded by Light (FFXIII)
9) Force Your Way (Listed as FF7, but I'm certain this was FF8)
10) Gustaberg (FFXI)
11) Fragments of Memories (Listed as FF7, but I suspense this was FF9. However I'm more than willing to admit my ignorance on this one)
12) Troia (FFIV)
13) Chocobo Medley (Mixed)
14) Town (FF1)
15) Rebel Army Theme (FF2)
16) Eruyt Village (FFXII)
17) The Decisive Battle (FF6)
18) Zanarkand (FFX)

As for the album itself, I believe that with these collections it is linked to your personal experience with the series. If you haven't played the videogame then you feel less of a connection to the song itself, I find, but there seems to be a broad range of titles covered here. The quality of the songs themselves are excellent. It feels like a smaller orchestra than the Distant Worlds songs, so the songs are a little less elaborate (which, in my opinion, is a good thing).

Only disappointment is "Those Who Fight" from FF7. The version supplied here sounds note for note EXACTLY like the version from the Final Fantasy 7: Piano collection. Otherwise I would recommend it.
on 4 September 2014
As a huge fan of Final Fantasy and Distant Worlds, it was an absolute honour to have been at this concert that was recorded for this CD. it was a lovely intimate performance with only about 400-500 people in the audience rather than the huge Distant Worlds concerts with thousands.

A New World differs greatly from Distant Worlds with only a handfull of musicians performing at A New World as opposed to the full orchestra of Distant Worlds. However, the show still opened with One Winged Angel and despite the reduction in instruments being played, it was no less impressive! in fact there were plenty of interesting little parts in the music that you aren't able to hear in the full orchestra version! all of the songs played sounded amazing even with the few musicians. Fight with Seymour is especially good given that only the string quartet played this!! just 4 instruments!! this version of the piece made it's debut at the London 25th anniversary event and it brought back wonderful memories of that day and I'm glad I now have it to hear whenever I like on this CD. (I've been telling people how good it was and now I can finally show them!)

Benjamin Nuss and Arnie Roth play a duet - The Promise / Blinded by Light and to have this played on just the piano and Violin sounds wonderful! easily my favorite piece on the album and it still brings tears to my eyes being that it was from a romantic scene in Final Fantasy XIII...and I'm a total sop! ....oh the emotion! (internet speak= "feels")

For anyone who went to this concert, this CD is an absolute must! It will bring back memories of how special that event was. For anyone who didn't, especially if you are a Final Fantasy fan, grab this CD to hear intricate versions of some much-loved melodies........ and then hunt down the next concert and BE THERE!!!
on 11 January 2015
I was at A New World when this was being recorded, even got to meet Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth afterwards. Got the album signed at A New World:Encore in Oct 2014.

The orchestra may be smaller, but the amount of energy and emotion put into the performance is astounding.

It's a really nice change to hear a kind of stripped away, almost raw version of the songs we all love; you pick up on parts of the songs you wouldn't usually notice as much in the fuller versions, such as from Distant Worlds.
on 31 August 2014
Excellent album. I remember seeing this live on my birthday, and even meeting Nobuo Uematsu himself! Absolutely perfect! A must have for all Final Fantasy fans!
on 13 June 2015
Love it!

Sounds 'not-perfect' in a perfect kind of way to me.

Beautiful music as always.
on 28 August 2014
Absolutely awesome. This is an absolute must for Final Fantasy music lovers!
on 26 September 2014
For any fan of final fantasy music a must buy this is.
on 18 January 2015
Bought as gift. They love the CD.
on 12 December 2014