New Republic Kindle Edition
You can cancel at any time during the 30-day FREE period and you will not be charged. If you do not cancel within the 30-day FREE period, your subscription will continue at the normal price using a payment method that we have on record for you. You are eligible for only one free period per title.
This publication is not available for some devices. The publisher may have opted out of making it available on certain devices, or the Kindle Reading App experience may not yet be optimised for this publication.
- This subscription comes with a risk-free 30-day FREE period after which the subscription starts. Learn more about subscriptions.
- Newspapers and magazines may not include photos and other images.
- We will share your name and address with the publisher, but we will not share your e-mail address without your permission. Learn more
- This subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel at any time. We’ll renew on your behalf at the lowest price available on Amazon at the time of renewal. Learn more about auto-renewal.
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Privacy & Security
We will share your name and address with publisher, but we will not share your email address without your permission.
- This subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel.
- Before your subscription expires Amazon will notify you via e-mail of the rate at which you will renew. You may change your credit card, address information or cancel your subscription before the order is placed.
- Amazon will renew on your behalf at the lowest renewal rate then available to Amazon.com customers at the time of renewal.
Learn more about auto-renewal subscriptions on Amazon.com
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I subscribed when I got my Kindle and after a number of issues I'm continually pleased and surprised by it. Each issue is made up of several sections. First there are some major features on current issues in US politics. Then there are some shorter political bits, followed by an arts section with reviews of books, music, films and so on, which read something like the lengthy and informed discussions you'd get in a publication like The London Review of Books. There might be a spot of photojournalism in there somewhere, too, and sometimes there's a poem. It's all rounded off by another shot of politics. Its voice is liberal in the American sense, which sounds fairly centrist to European ears.
The journalism is longform: sometimes astonishingly so. This is a distinctively American style not nearly as common in British publications - which is frankly a shame for our homegrown writing, because the additional space allows for a great deal of research, depth and storytelling. The pieces require concentration, but are very rich. In this way, it seems to go well with the Kindle: I always find it easier to focus on articles in this format, and having TNR in my pocket to read is a very nice antidote to boredom on a long journey.
TNR also contains some really excellent writing. It is a highbrow read, and quite academic, but funny and human with it - a little like The Economist in tone, perhaps, but zestier. Obviously, the focus is first and foremost on American issues, but there's plenty else in the mix.Read more ›