- Also check our best rated Android Tablet reviews
New Onda Vi40 Dual core - 9.7'' Ultra thin 9.8mm Metal casing IPS Display 1.5GHz dual core Cortex A9 CPU&GPU Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich Tablet PC 1GB RAM DDR3 HDMI 16GB, new google play store, flash player supported
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Compare with similar items
10" Windows 10 Fusion5® Ultra Slim v1 Windows Tablet PC - 2GB RAM - 32GB Storage -FWIN232v1 Model - Full USB Port - Intel AtomTM x5-Z8350 (From September 2017) - Dual Camera - Bluetooth Tablet PC
10.8" CHUWI Hi10 Plus Windows10 + Android5.1 Tablet PC, 4GB+64GB, Intel Atom X5 Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad-core Tablet Computer with Dual cameras WiFi Bluetooth HDMI OTG Type-C External 3G OTG Phablet
Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa Hands-Free, 10.1” 1080p Full HD Display, 32 GB, Black – with Special Offers
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||F5CS LTD||GBEST EU||Amazon.co.uk|
|Computer Memory Size||2 GB||2 GB||4 GB||32 GB|
|Connectivity Technology||HDMI||Bluetooth and USB||Bluetooth; Wi-Fi; HDMI||Wi-Fi|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||—||Intel||Intel||—|
|Processor (CPU) Speed||1.33 GHz||—||1.44 GHz||—|
|Display Size||9.6 inches||10 inches||10.8 inches||10.1 inches|
|Display Technology||HD,IPS,LCD||IPS||IPS P+G 10-point-touch||—|
|Hard Disk Size||32 GB||32 GB||64||32 GB|
|Item Dimensions||—||17.22 x 1.02 x 25.76 cm||27.7 x 18.5 x 0.8 cm||26.19 x 15.93 x 0.94 cm|
|Item Weight||—||0.68 kg||0.71 kg||499 grams|
|Operating System||Windows XP Professional Edition||WINDOWS 10||Windows 10 & Android 5.1||Fire OS|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7" IPS Capacitive Screen 1.5GHz 1GB 8GB/16GB Memory Android 4.0 OS Dual Camera Tablet PC
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My plan of use was reading comics and books 50%, internet 30%, watching videos 20% and gaming 10%. Like many people my first thought was for the new ipad, but 4 big issues popped up to my eyes quickly for the apple device: the flash player incompatibility (most of websites I visit require flash) ; the hassle with jailbreaking the product to get rid of itunes dependence ; the lack of possible extensions (usb, mem card reader etc) ; and the damn price !
Going for an ipad2 could solve the last point, but then you fall in a price range of very good products from Asus and Acer which don't have the issues I mentioned above.
So my reason to choose this one ?
- The capacitive IPS screen ! same as Ipad 2's, it is the best tech to read books after the new ipad's retina display (resolution, viewing angle etc). Much better than a non-ips capacitive. The "worst" being the resistive lcd.
- it runs the last android OS, made for tablets (4.0.3 - ice cream sandwich), not the 2.2 or 2.3 versions which were made for smartphones initially.
- The price : it costs half the price of an ipad2, Asus transformer and other Acer Iconia. Of course, the Asus and Iconia have better dual or quad core processors (Tegra 2 and 3) but this is justified for gaming purposes only. So if your main usage would be 3d games like FP shooting etc, you better take a Tegra cpu, otherwise, this one is largely enough for the rest. You still can play with the ARM cpu, but it's more comfortable with "soft" games such as Angry birds etc.
- Another alternative would be the new Arnova 9 G3 (~200 quid, ARM cpu too) which could be found @ maplin, but despite the 2 y warranty, the arnova have less internal storage, less battery charge (3-4 hours instead of 6-7 hours, wifi ON for the Onda), front cam only, no hdmi output, and it needs to be rooted to run the official Android market, as Archos locked it to their own market: Applibs.
About the Onda Vi40 itself:
- well made, plastic finish instead of aluminium on expensive models.
- bbc player seems working fine, but not itv player, but this is common problem with all android 4 so far. Hope they'll make a new fix release soon.
- It comes with an English interface, the official android market pre-installed but all the rest are in Chinese, including manuals. You have to be used to android to be comfortable with that. 1st thing to do is set the internet connection and uninstall all the Chinese softs via settings > manage apps > apps > uninstall ; then re-install all you want via the market. But remember, this is a Chinese tablet, made for asia market , with Chinese pricing, so consider yourself to be privileged being able to buy this from international seller.
- the cpu is a allwinner. Better than the Rockchip rk2918. I've seen the new rk3066 tablets appearing recently, but have no idea on how they behave, particularly with games. They are supposed to be slightly better & more expensive too.
- it seems that many versions of the Onda vi40 are circulating: the Elite v1 or v3 : dual camera, 8 or 16 gb, 3 front buttons; and the ultimate : front camera only, so much thinner, 1 front button, and previously 32 gb only.
Hope this helped you to make a choice. I am personally happy with my Onda Elite so far.
OK ... HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR THIS COMPANY AND A BIG WARNING TO ALL CONTEMPLATING BUYING A TABLET FROM THEM. Up until the 10/10 i gave above, everthing was fine. Tablet language change help etc was great , then the tablet started to go wrong after only a few months ... it started to freeze, only a little at first..resets etc and all their ideas about how to fix didn't work , until it would simly freeze/crash/restart...freeze/crash /restart.. after their advice i sent the thing back costing £28.... nearly 3 MONTHS later a refurbished replacement arrived ..scratches,loose charger socket,really twitchy screen and no play store app installed at all.... £28 and 3 months later and i'm no better off now... to say i'm angry is a wild understatement.. i wish i could take it back in person...what to do now .. send it back again ? wish i'd never bought ... THESE THINGS ARE FINE UNTIL THEY FAIL... THEN YOU'D BETTER GET READY... watch this space...
I'd looked at the specifications of the Chinese built android tablets and saw that there were many that matched the specs of the iPad: the same screen, similar or faster processor, plus expandable memory slots and HDMI out etc etc. However the worry that a lot of people had is - will these things work and what come back do you have if you need to get them sorted out? Who wants to risk buying from a Chinese website, risk getting the tablet caught in customs and you having to pay a hefty fee to get your tablet, and then, if it doesn't work - ship it back to China?
The answer, buy from a British stockist who have given the kit the once over before selling on to you. SSHD seem to fit the bill perfectly. I've had excellent customer service, before purchase, during purchase and after purchase! The tablet was set to English before I got it, packed with some nice little goodies, and ready to go out of the box. And when I couldn't sort out my internet connection John @ SSHD kindly walked me through some noob setup steps! I'm still in the process of mastering the tablet, (I've got an android based phone so its relatively straightforward). One or two apps aren't running at the moment, but hey, most of them are simply internet short-cuts anyway, so no worry there.
The tablet appears to work really well, and for around £150 its less than half the price of an iPad, looks and seems to run just as well, and equally importantly for my peace of mind the product support from SSHD is absolutely top class. Can't recommend this outfit enough :D
PROS: Plenty of storage, added another 32GB myself; Screen is very bright, very sharp, has good contrast, and of a decent resolution; battery life lasts a very long time; Full access to Google Play store (not all tablets have that access); Build quality is just as good as (if not better than) reputable brands; The Dual core processor and plenty of RAM, will not it lag at all for my usage.
CONS: Instruction manual is in chinese only; Quite a number of pre-installed apps that are also in chinese that need removing.
All in all, it's awesome! What's the point in buying the more expensive Apple, Samsung and Sony versions, when this does the exact same things, for a fraction of the cost!
Most recent customer reviews