on 19 September 2017
Only giving 3 stars because I just couldn't get into it
on 20 July 2013
I really enjoyed this fantasy tale. The pace was fast & kept consistent all the way through. Strong characters & sub characters which immediately gave the feeling of 'pack'. There are so many questions what, who, how, when. Left wanting more!!
on 26 October 2012
I didn't realise when I started reading this book that it was only going to be the first part of a longer story, so the ending was a little more abrupt than I would have liked. I wanted to know what happened next as there were a few plot developments that had started that I was interested in seeing how they ended. What I did read I really enjoyed so I'd recommend this book, but I'd say get the next ones as well, so the story has a conclusion. On what I've read so far, 4/5.
on 23 July 2013
Nice add-on novella to the Six Moon Summer (#1) (Seasons of the Moon)and the first in the episodes to go along with series.
Long enough to pique interest in the Cain Chronicles but a little on the short side if you enjoy the way Reine spins a tale. (No pun intended)
If you have read the first book you will be aware of the romance between Rylie and Seth. In this book someone from the inner circle steps up as a possible new contender for the affections of the Alpha female.
The pack also has to contend with a new outside threat with a personal link to Rylie.
The author has a very specific way of treading the path of YA.
I hope she remembers to keep her own voice and not wander down well-trodden paths.
on 8 November 2012
This book is a good follow on from the previous series, I looked forward to reading it after being so engrossed in the previous books, the book leads on to promising things to come, my only problem with it is that it was so short, it seemed more like a magazine article than a book. I know that S. M. Reine is after Ideas from her loyal readers to see where to take the next books, and I am sure they will revert back to their original length.
Here's looking forward to the next one.
on 20 February 2014
:) it was awesome. It was a little bit short but I loved the cliff hangar on the end I mean wow. I don't have any spare time during the day so I read most of it at night. Werewolves rule Rhylie especially!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 12 July 2013
I don't normally read this genre but downloaded it to my kindle it was free. It was an OK book. Probably won't go to the shops to buy anymore but I enjoyed reading it.
on 9 December 2013
Another great book, with tremendous story from a very good author.
Would recommend any of the books from SM Reine.
I've bought and read most of them now.
on 4 January 2014
Good follow up from seasons of the moon series but far too short, needs to be a lot longer since you have to pay for the rest of them.
on 4 July 2014
I'm really enjoying this series of. Looks and I am wanting able Taylor to get together but it kinda looks in the balance maybe