on 7 November 2017
An old favourite reference book
on 18 January 2013
I have never written a review on Amazon before but this book is an amazing find. My 10 year old's tutor recommended it for a good grounding in English in preparation for grammar school tests but this can be used for so much more. Really useful sections for discussions with my fifteen year old and thirteen year olds already at grammars. Great book!
on 31 July 2017
Such fund - I gave it to my Spanish boss to improve his English - he was most appreciative.
on 13 March 2017
i am happy
on 16 March 2017
Perfect! Thanks
on 18 November 2017
Great. Thanks
on 1 November 2017
supplies all the basics you may never have been taught or have since forgotten.
on 7 August 2017
I love this book good for studying English.
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2012
My daughters tutor recommended this book for help with 11 plus preparation. I would also recommend for anyone doing an adult literacy course entry to level 3.

For 11 plus I liked the spelling lists which we can go through both spelling and understanding of the word. It was surprising to me when I realised she hadnt come across some of the words before and I was glad that we had been able to identify these gaps in vocabulary.

For adult literacy at first it seems too easy but when you try the exercises you soon realise that mistakes can be easily made when you think you 'know it all' already.

Contains 188 pages including;

Parts of speech (nouns verbs etc)
Gender and plural ( husband/ wife - husbands/wives etc)
Group names ( gaggle of geese - herd of cattle)
General knowledge ( Two creatures that see well in the dark - What is the front of a ship called)
Association ( underline two words that are associated with boot; sleeve heel handle sole paper)

The above are just some examples of the content, the actual book contains much much more and has been a great assett. Packed full with explanations, lists, exercises and tests.

I didnt realise it didnt contain the answers, however it does prevent your child 'cheating'.
on 18 September 2015
Poor quality should not be sold like that