- Hardcover: 196 pages
- Publisher: Caxton Editions (1 July 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1840675004
- ISBN-13: 978-1840675009
- Product Dimensions: 26.8 x 20 x 2.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 153,065 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The New Dairy Cookbook Hardcover – 1 Jul 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The essence of these recipes is that they rely on good, fresh ingredients, quite simply prepared to give really delicious results. For novice cooks - or those of you that haven't tried a particular recipe - each chapter begins with a classic dish for you to get the hang of. The remaining recipes in each chapter are clearly explained and straightforward to follow. Every recipe has been beautifully photographed to tempt you into trying it - and show you what to expect when you've finished preparing it. Every single recipe in this book has been treble tested - firstly in its creation, secondly by the happy band of recipe testers at Milk Marque Product Development Centre in Nantwich, and thirdly in its preparation for photography - and yes, we do cook the real thing, and eat it afterwards!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
She has 2 young children, a husband & the brother-in-law & sister-in-law (that's me) are expected for supper.
"I must have that recipe", I said. My sister-in-law produced her secret, 'The New Dairy Cookbook'.
This recipe book doesn't look as if it contains Dinner Party recipes or cosy supper recipes, but it does. They are ingredients that we can all find & the dishes look good, taste delicious & are quick & simple to produce.
I rave about this book because I'm not particulary good at following recipes as I dash from living room to kitchen with a glass of wine in my hand. So to be introduced to this book to me is like finding an extra months salary in my wage packet!
However, a lot of the recipes should not qualify as dairy recipes. For a great deal of the recipes the only remotely dairy-ish thing about them is that you initially fry the onions (or whatever ingredient) in butter...then the other 15 or so ingredients aren't at all related to dairy products! still...these recipes are extremely nice, tasty and simple to do. In fact I think the selection of dishes makes this book, for me, even better than what it would be if it was simply dairy. I would say that 60% of the recipes are dairy...the other 40% just happen to use butter...or a splash of milk...or with cheese sprinkled on top.
Nonetheless I would recommend this book and I still give it 5 stars even if it does have a dodgey title! If you are looking for a genuine dairy cookbook then this is unlikely to be the book for you but if you are the kind of person who loves dairy food but also likes a lot of other stuff, then I would say buy it now :-)
It is a well balanced easy to understand cookbook. With a quick run down of methods and terms at the beginning. Very suitable for the beginner, but a good all round reference book for when you are experienced but need to refresh your memory about details.
I would certainly recommend this cookbook for anybody starting out for the first time and anybody who just wants to cook well with simple ingredients.