on 5 July 2013
This is an excellent commentary, suitable for both those with no knowledge or previous knowledge. It is conveniently broken down into short, manageable sections, and designed to be read daily. Barclays main strength is his ability to furnish the reader with plenty of background information, so that the material becomes vibrant. Similarly, he always gives the reader a possible practical application of the script to bring things into the now.
This is an excellent book overall.
on 30 April 2013
William Barclay's studies whether in the New Daily Study Bible version or in the originals are always very helpful and interesting as a source of reference and background to New Testament times.
on 5 March 2013
The same high quality of Barclay's other works, interpreting the New Testament for our modern minds and helping us understand the real messages.
on 23 February 2014
I enjoy William Barclay's work in all his commentaries. They are so helpful and go deeper into the scripture than perhaps you would yourself. Helps a lot to understand the passages.
on 25 November 2014
Anything written by William Barclay is an excellent read!
Superbly written at a level anyone can understand, but also with deep observations and conclusions, you'd be hard pressed to find a better review of the books and themes of the Bible.
on 25 May 2015
I have hard copies of the whole series but occasionally I find it useful to have a kindle copy of one of them, I would not bother to do this if I did not find them useful but I find it rather tiresome to have to review them when I download them
on 28 December 2012
Having a set of William Barclays Daily Study Bible, on my bookselves, I thought I would purchase the Kindle version. A joy to read the Acts of the Apostles via this medium.
on 25 June 2015
Chronicle of the early Christian Church, with its disputes and setbacks as well as triumphs, greatly enhanced by Professor Barclay's notes.
on 5 June 2013
I'm delighted with this book. Having completed a three year course studying the Catholic Catechism I wanted to learn more about the early Church. I need discipline to study so now follow the routine of one hours reading at breakfast. The history is thrilling. All human life is there.
on 16 August 2015