on 29 November 2004
"Players will also find tips for using the Toolset Wizards for creating compelling plots for their own new adventures.
An exhaustive training guide, featuring strategies for building exciting adventures with the enhanced Neverwinter Aurora Toolset, is also included."
Actually, no. This information played a large part in my decision to buy this book, and it is completely absent. For the record - this book details information for the PLAYER only. There is absolutely ZERO information for builders or anything to do with the toolset.
Saying that, what the book does it does very nicely and will serve players well.
It's just a shame that the description from Amazon is misleading, as the toolset is not mentioned in the book or even on the back cover.
on 20 July 2009
As a walk through, this book is invaluable. It has almost every solution to every problem (I found one without a solution, but it was so minor, I can't even remember what it was), and a few I didn't know I had a problem with. So for the game - buy this book if you're stuck, and you want something on hand so you don't have to keep logging into the main webiste to get answers.

On top of that, you get a brilliant character guide. It gives suggestions for new characters, using templates which you might not have considered before. I loved the "Fire Mage" and my Ambi-Dextrous Orc, who really came into her own the further she went. However, having sung the praises of the templates, I now have to criticise them. Whilst the point distribution system works out brilliantly, and I end up with characters with identical stats, the Feats are inaccurate. For example, I have created a Druid according to what they have given me, Human, first level fighter etc., but I have NOT been given the Weapon : Exotic Feat so I can't use the beautiful Katana I wanted to use from day one. And it goes on. They give you a list of the Feats you need to concentrate on, but often when playing the game, they aren't available, and you find yourself having to compromise and being herded off down a different path to the one you wanted to choose for your character.

Finally, I read the other review, and it mentioned dungeon creation? Yep, nothing about that in this book. In fact, one of the greatest weaknesses of this game is that the Tool Set application is not explained properly anywhere.