Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 39 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Nov 2010, 11:31:49 GMT
K. Juhasz says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 11:46:48 GMT
DKL says:
You'd be better off blaming Royal Mail, they're the ones doing the actual delivering. There's only so much Amazon can do and pointless ranting at them will get you nowhere.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 12:45:08 GMT
You're complaining because you are getting a game.....on release day?

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 13:10:48 GMT
People who moan about getting a game on RELEASE DAY would do well to remember when the internet was in its infancy and you wouldn't know games were out until you saw them in-store

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 13:13:22 GMT
R. Batten says:
Well, my preorder didn't dispatch until 5pm on Tuesday.... And it is posting overseas with an ETA of 26th.
Not happy.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 13:33:39 GMT
DKL says:
That's one of the more annoying aspects with today's generation of ADHD kids. They expect to have everything served on a plate the second they ask for it, and if it doesn't happen they throw a hissy fit and write dozens of threads on the Internet about it.

As previous posters have said, the game is only released today so it's not supposed to come earlier. Anything other than that is not Amazon's but RM's fault.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 13:36:47 GMT
Mr. S. Bate says:
If it's any consellation, mine turned up today, except I wasn't cheap and paid 1st class, I went for expedited simply because Royal Mail suck usually.
In terms of the price - Amazon always refund me the difference in price when I preorder - are you not getting your refunds??

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 13:39:25 GMT
DKL says:
It might also be a good idea to look around different online stores before ordering with Amazon. They are usually not the cheapest and you can easily save a few quid by being a bit proactive.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 13:42:00 GMT
To those moaning about only receiving the game today, think yourself lucky, I order the game nearly 2 months ago and have not received it yet

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 13:46:06 GMT
DKL says:
Doesn't matter if you ordered the game last century, you're still not eligible to receive the game until release day. If you didn't receive it today, however, it's usually not Amazon's fault as long as they've dispatched it on time.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 14:48:58 GMT
sandy says:
Hundreds of people who ordered on Amazon UK over the last week or so received their copy of GT5 at the weekend or on Monday and tuesday. There has been a massive mess-up at amazon admin, they did not process the orders on a first come first serve basis, like their policy dictates. they are refusing to admit to it via customer services. It's a cover up.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 14:59:25 GMT
DKL says:
You'd be better of taking out your foot out of your arse and put on a tin-foil hat because I'm sure Amazon will plant a chip into what's left of your damaged brain very soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 15:48:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Nov 2010, 15:49:27 GMT
Stinaris says:
I feel for you guys who don't have enough food or access to clean water or medicines.
I feel so helpless in sorting this for you..... HOLD ON, I misunderstood, your only problem is you didn't get a game before the official release date.

Sorry my mistake.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 15:54:41 GMT
why preorder if you dont get on the day of release or a little before if lucky. Still waiting for mine, ordered in september could be up to 3 days well annoying

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 15:55:51 GMT
DKL says:
You're partly right, Stinaris. The ADHD kids generation, of which the OP _definitely_ is part of, usually inhabit themselves in their grandparents' basement and can't be bothered with water and medicines; hence their clear lack of reality check.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 15:58:25 GMT
Stinaris says:
Sometimes it's difficult to tell whether someone is ranting for fun or real.
I quite like ranting for fun. It's always interesting to see what replies you get.
It usually ends up a bit "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest".

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 15:59:25 GMT
DKL says:
The OP was complaining he hadn't received his game and it was BEFORE release day. If you don't realise how utterly idiotic that sounds then, well frankly, there's no point in you having a discussion with us.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010, 16:01:07 GMT
DKL says:
Ranting for fun requires intelligence, from both ends, and it's so rare to find that on a site like Amazon that you might as well play the lottery and have a bigger chance of scoring.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 16:08:16 GMT
Stinaris says:
It's obviously real in this case, it is depressing that someone is so concerned.

As you say though, the Royal Mail (and TNT are not without their issues) are to blame. I had a letter sent in January arrive in September. Where does the post go for 8 months?

People need to realise we are also getting to busy season and post will start taking longer.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 19:52:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Nov 2010, 19:53:49 GMT
Hence never pre order a game, especially of this magnitude online - truth is nothing can be guaranteed online, too many opposing factors, items going missing/theft, delivery/work pressures, admin errors....they only way to get it on the day guaranteed? Stroll into a shop and buy it, simples.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010, 23:10:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Nov 2010, 23:12:29 GMT
TJ says:
I have to tell you something... something really basic:

First Class delivery does not mean next day delivery. First class delivery means you get the item delivered in two days from dispatch.

Special Deliveries are next day deliveries.

2nd class deliveries should take 3-5 days working days.

So Royal mail, or whichever company are sending, are not late.

Posted on 25 Nov 2010, 00:18:00 GMT
K. Juhasz says:
Wow. What bunch of self-righteous so-and-sos. Not that I was expecting anything less. And as for being an ADHD kid? Tetchy SINK, at the very most.

First class does mean next day delivery, but it is not guaranteed. Royal Mail has a target of delivering 93% of their first class mail the next working day. They are usually pretty close to that, but still leaves a significant margin for error. To say it is not Amazon's fault, is correct. However, the buck does stop with Amazon, who ever is at fault.

Perhaps I was being premature with my post. However, as others have pointed out, very many appear to have received theirs on Tuesday or earlier. It therefore appears irrelevant what delivery method you choose - Amazon will choose for you, depending on what is more efficient for them to do - which is more the point I was making.

And to close. It didn't arrive today either, so I guess I should be entitled to a refund from Amazon (as are Amazon in turn from Royal Mail).

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2010, 00:55:45 GMT
obertan says:
I've bought a few things from shopto and they've all come a day early. They don't seem as bothered about breaking the release dates as Amazon so I figure you have more chance of getting things on time with them. I could be wrong.

Posted on 25 Nov 2010, 08:14:50 GMT
DKL says:
Shopto.net also has a written guarantee that they will deliver pre-orders in time for release day, otherwise they have a compensation scheme in place.

Posted on 26 Nov 2010, 12:13:47 GMT
Too bad we are not living in a 3th world country, so we could be worrying with things like 'How not to die from hunger and/or thurst?' and 'How do i dodge this bullet that's heading in my direction?'. Yes, i'd rather be worrying about that than delivery before the releasedate.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  24 Nov 2010
Latest post:  18 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars (563)