- Paperback: 612 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 5 edition (8 Sept. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443069573
- ISBN-13: 978-0443069574
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.5 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
333,339 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #452 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- #684 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- #1188 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- See Complete Table of Contents
Neurology and Neurosurgery Illustrated, 5e Paperback – 8 Sep 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
...easy to read and quickly gives a good understanding. ...structured in an organised and suitable way. It is easy to navigate and is very well suited as a reference book. Medical Student, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Consultant Neurologist, Department of Neurology, Gloucester Royal Hospital, Gloucester, Royaume-Uni.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
William Holmes: Fourth year medical student: University of Glasgow. Scotland. UK
Neurology is a horrible subject to the medical student. A plethora of nerve pathways and a multitude of pathologies mean that students, when confronted with a neurological patient in the clinical setting, quickly reverse and run back up to the relative safety of cafeteria.
What this books attempts successfully to do, is to remove the teaching barriers of neurology, making neurology not a matter of guess work but reasoning from a solid background of neurological principles. This book achieves this by removing itself from complex diagrams and ancient terms, instead adopting an approach that at first glance seems rather basic. Its layout involves a multitude of illustrations ranging from the simple to the more complex that are not used to complicate, but to provide valuable aids in memorising ultimately making learning the complexities of neurology much easier. The diagrams are all aided by text that is written in note-form, keeping only to the pertinent points and saving the reader valuable time trudging through unnecessary prose.
A prime example of this is seen in the "limb weakness" section. Rather than attempting to narrate what occurs when a lesion is proximal or distal - a fault of mainly neurology books - this book adopts simplified diagrams to convey the points that are relevant and vital. Also, clinical features of a condition are kept to only those that are classical to that pathology and more importantly, they are all explained with relation to the pathology. Together it means the important clinical features are remembered and can be reasoned in-front of a belligerent consultant (much to their annoyance).Read more ›
I have already bought at least 6-7 books to find the perfect one when I came across this book.
Very nice pictures in the book and detailed explanations but still remains concise.
I would recommend it to anyone who finds neurology difficult to understand and learn. I am studying for my MRCP and it is one of the best books I have ever learnt from.
Very quick delivery
Most Recent Customer Reviews
In this electronic age it is reassuring to have such a useful text still available.Published 2 months ago by fatherjohn
I am please with this book. I bought it as a reference book and it's easy to understandPublished 14 months ago by Amazon Customer
not as described, it said some highlighting, it didn't tell me it was on EVERY pagePublished on 14 Jan. 2015 by Demolition Deb
Its simple to read and goes straight to the meat of the matterPublished on 20 July 2014 by Tapiwanashe Kusotera
Worth every penny if you're a med student or an aspiring neurosurgeon and want to take your first steps in neurosurgery.Published on 30 Mar. 2014 by Payam Vatankhah
Excellent condition of the book and excellent service!! Everything was as was said to be and the book was delivered in excellent condition and within the time that was shown on the... Read morePublished on 2 Oct. 2013 by Eleni
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology