Neurological Emergencies Paperback – 20 Aug 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a highly informative textbook which will benefit everydoctor dealing with neurological emergencies in neurology andrelated specialties, as an introduction for those in training andas an update for the more experienced reader.
"Should be read by those who decide initial management ofneurologist emergencies." –– Postgraduate Medical Journal
From the Back Cover
Since its birth as a series if articles in the Journal ofNeurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry this book has moved intofour editions, attesting to its lasting quality as an authoritativeintroduction to the major neurological emergencies. It is not justa basic reference for physicians, neurologists, neurosurgeons andpsychiatrists in training. It has also become a standard text foremergency departments, with its comprehensive yet concisediscussions of immediate management. The conditions coveredare: Medical coma Traumatic brain injury Acute stroke Delirium Acute behaviour disturbances Tonic–clonic status epilepticus Raised intracranial pressure Subarachnoid haemorrhage Cerebral infection Acute spinal cord compression Acute neuromuscular respiratory paralysis Acute visual loss Criteria for diagnosing brain stem death This edition has brought the book right up to date with emphasison the evidence base for management, including reference to therelevant systematic reviews. With the use of helpful summary boxes,this information contributed by internationally respectedleaders in their specialties is quick to access in theclinical situation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Accident & Emergency Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology