2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Alfa Network AWUS036NEH 802.11g/n High Gain USB Wireless G / N Long-Rang WiFi Network Adapter - Also works with Viewsonic vmp75
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 802.11b/g and "N", High gain
- Includes a 4 inch 5 DdBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna that can be removed and upgrade.
- Supports driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x), Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x) Power PC& PC
- Compliant with FCC Part 15.247 for US, ETS 300 328 for Europe
- Supports wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
802.11b/g and N, USB adapter with 5 DdBi RPSMA (removable antenna) Supports driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x), Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x) Power PC& PC. Compliant with FCC Part 15.247 for US, ETS 300 328 for Europe Supports wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This served me for a few years when my connection was around 50Mbps. It has a good range and works quite well although sometimes it stops responding with the blue lught lit.
Now the problem begun when I got a faster broadband. I was limited to around 40-50Mbps no matter what the wireless settings were, either on the n mode or the g/n mode, whether the channel width was 20 or 40Hz or with or without encryption. The result was more or less the same, whether the dongle was 5 metres away, 1 metre away or 10 cm away. Of course on the LAN I was getting the speeds I should be getting.
My conclusion is that unless there is a way to update the firmware or a driver that can take advantage of the supposed speeds ( I tried both available on the Alfa website as well as the generic one on Windows ) this is most likely false advertising. I now have to consider other options for a product that does not do what it says on the tin. Any suggestion as to how the coveted ≃ 150Mbps or whereabouts can be reached?
However - and this is important if you have a new Mac or are installing the latest version of Mac OS 10 - it does NOT work at present with Mac OS 10.7 'Lion' and looking at web forums there is a widely held view that the chipset contained in this Alfa product is incompatible with 'Lion', so if you are a Mac user it is possible that no update will be available.
An alternative solution if you need to increase the range or strength of your wifi is to try a product such as Netgear's Universal WiFi range extender - I've done this and although it's more expensive than a wifi dongle, it works on all your devices instead of having to add a gadget to each machine.
I bought the bigger antennas and the range was dramatically improved, full signal at 50 metres line of sight. I will be buying another to replace the failed unit.
My son had purchased the Alfa dongle from Amazon, so I decided to try it out.
I bought the large Hi Gain atenna as well and plugged it in. The setup was very easy and the dongle worked straight away, giving a solid 5 bars and a signal strength of "Excellent"
I can reccomend this wifi dongle. It is great!!
My system is Windows7 64 bit professional so I was a bit concerned, having read about people having win7 installation problems with other Alfa kit, that I might have issues installing. The installation went fine. I uninstalled the previous wireless link software. Rebooted. Installed the new software from cd using autorun, unplugged and plugged back in the dongle to ensure it had picked it up correctly then rebooted the machine again. On restart it immediately found my network with a solid 5 bars.
Re the unit. As has been mentioned in another review, it is quite bulky and may obscure any usb port immediately adjacent. To avoid this problem, I plugged mine in using a 50cm usb extension cable and it is working fine.
For the extra few £ it`s definitely an improvement with the extra bit of power and external aerial - I can now see wifi stations locally that I didn`t realise existed.
Haven`t tested it at any distance or with a lot of obstacles, but even in direct line of sight at a distance of 10 foot away, the TP-Link dongle couldn`t get a decent signal, this blows it out of the water.
Installed simply on Windows 7 x64
October 2013-Changed to Raspian linux and it works fine!!!
Most recent customer reviews