- Actors: Sandra Bullock, Jeremy Northam, Dennis Miller, Diane Baker, Wendy Gazelle
- Directors: Irwin Winkler
- Writers: John Brancato, Michael Ferris
- Producers: Irwin Winkler, Rob Cowan
- Format: PAL
- Language: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 9 Sept. 2002
- Run Time: 110 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 101 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00006FI32
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 13,257 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
The Net 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
DVD Special Features
The Net: New from Gillis featurette
HBO Special: Inside The Net, new featurette from Gillis
Director and producers commentary
Languages: English, French, German
Dolby Digital 5.1
110 minutes feature length time (approx)
For a while The Net looked like it was going to be quickly outdated by the technology it showcased. But now we know that anyone can personalise their systems and Internet search engines, so the colourful displays endlessly intercut on Sandra Bullock's screens look perfectly contemporary. As a movie, the concept was already outdated by the time of its 1995 release, however. The plot takes pains to emulate the style and formula of a Hitchcock chase thriller. There's a computer disc "McGuffin" being sought after by conspiratorial baddies; while the lonely hero on the run is eminently sympathetic yet attractively flawed. Bullock, though, was perfectly cast at a point well before her star status took over. Although some of the suspense contrivances may seem simplistically predictable, there's an undeniable fascination in the theme of losing one's identity. Everywhere Bullock turns she's faced with either a bald reflection or mirroring metaphor of how the computer age strips us of individuality. And, indeed, privacy. Sooner or later, the technology will become outdated of course. Until then, be careful how you surf.
On the DVD: The Net comes to disc in Dolby 5.1 sound and widescreen 1.85:1. It's hard to choose between the two commentaries included. Both the Writer's and the joint talk from the Director and Producer are crammed with anecdotal reference (with a little overlap). Then there are two documentaries of about 20 minutes each, but here the newest is by far the most interesting. Trailers and filmographies fill out the package. --Paul TonksSee all Product description
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Macs were used as the technology throughout this film when it came to the portrayal of PCs, viruses, hacking etc.
Brilliant movie too, Sandra is great and it's just a lot of fun over plot lines that actually are more likely to happen in this day and age rather than the mid-90s! When you look at what governments around the world do hacking into each other's systems, this film is more accurate then you'd like to think!!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews