- Get £5 off qualifying orders of £25 or more. Today only. Ts&Cs apply. Enter code BIGTHANKS at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ £4.44 delivery
+ FREE delivery
Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Connected programmable thermostat that lets you control your heating more efficiently. You can control up to 20 thermostats per home
- Change the temperature and more from your smartphone (iOS and Android).
- Smart programming to help you save energy. The Nest thermostat smartly adjusts itself to your preferred temperatures, your home's insulation, and the weather outside
- Uses your phone's location and built-in activity sensors to automatically avoid heating an empty home.
- Compatible with almost all individual heating systems (gas boilers, oil boilers, condensing boilers, heat pumps, underfloor heating, OpenTherm systems).
- Install it yourself or with the help of a Nest Pro installer (installation sold separately).
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Hive Active Heating and Hot Water Thermostat without Professional Installation, Works with Amazon Alexa
Nest Learning Thermostat - 3Rd Generation
Honeywell T6R Smart Thermostat works with Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa
tado° Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ - Intelligent Heating Control, Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, IFTTT
Smart Thermostat for Individual Boiler - Netatmo by Starck, Works With Amazon Alexa
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||DA TECH PRO||S.N.H Tradecentre||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Triple Solar Ltd|
|Colour||Stainless Steel||Thermostat Only||—||Black||White||Multi-colour|
|Item Dimensions||2 x 2 x 2 cm||—||5.91 x 5.51 x 1.1 cm||10.3 x 6.8 x 10.3 cm||10.4 x 10.4 x 1.9 cm||7 x 7 x 7 cm|
|Item Weight||230 grams||1.09 kg||1 kg||200 grams||473 grams||50 grams|
|Size||No Installation||No Installation||—||—||—||One Size|
The 3rd-generation Nest Learning Thermostat is slim, sleek and beautiful. With a big, sharp display and Farsight, you can see the temperature, time or weather from across the room. The Nest Thermostat learns the temperature you like, then programs itself. It knows how long it takes to heat your home so that you’re comfortable when you get there. When you leave, it turns itself down so that you save energy. And with the Nest app you can change the temperature or check your Energy History from anywhere.
Please check compatibility on the Nest website before purchasing. Returns not accepted due to system compatibility issues.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
Nest Learning Thermostat- Stainless steel
The brighter way to save energy.
The 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat.
It’s slimmer and sleeker with a bigger, sharper display. Now you can control your hot water tank. With Farsight, you can see the time or the temperature you’ve set from across the room. And it saves energy.
That’s the most beautiful part.
- Energy savings are not assured and depend on energy usage, weather and other factors.
Saving energy starts with your thermostat.
Your thermostat controls 60% of your energy bill. So shouldn’t it help you save energy? The Nest Thermostat does. Since 2011, it’s saved over 4 billion kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide.* Because it learns from you. It gets to know the temperature you like when you’re home. And turns itself down when you’re away. It even learns how your home warms up or how drafty it is, so it only uses the energy it needs.
*We calculated total savings numbers by estimating how much energy all our customers would have used if they hadn’t bought a Nest Thermostat and just left their old thermostats at a constant temperature.
Just turn it up and down. It learns the temperatures you like and creates a schedule for you.
Hot water tank from anywhere using your mobile, tablet or laptop.
It automatically adjusts the temperature after you leave. It can even turn off your hot water if you’re away for a few days.
The Nest Thermostat now uses OpenTherm technology to modulate your compatible high-efficiency condensing boiler. So you save even more energy.
Now you can control your hot water tank. And give your hot water a boost when you need it.
The Nest Thermostat works with Nest Protect. If Nest Protect detects dangerous carbon monoxide gas, it can tell the Nest Thermostat to turn off the boiler – a common source of CO leaks.
The Nest Thermostat should be installed by a professional.
Once you receive your Nest Thermostat, simply call the number on the packaging to schedule installation. A Nest Pro will set up your new thermostat in the right location, connect the Heat Link and give you a demo.
The Nest Learning Thermostat is compatible with almost all central heating systems including:
- Combi boilers system and heat only boilers Domestic hot water tanks
- Air-source and ground source heat pumps (heating only)
- Zoned systems (one Nest Thermostat per zone) Heating systems with OpenTherm technology
- Hydronic underfloor systems
The Nest Learning Thermostat works in most homes.
The stand for the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
You can keep your Nest Thermostat on a bookshelf or table – not just on a wall. The Nest Stand is designed for the 3rd generation Nest Thermostat. And together, they’re a beautiful pair (sold separately).
High resolution colour screen.
- 24-bit colour LCD, 480 x 480 resolution at 229 pixel per inch (ppi), 5.3cm (2.08") diameter.
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Near-field activity
- Far-field activity
- Ambient light.
- Wi-Fi connection with Internet access.
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or late.
- Free Nest account.
Customers also shopped for
2,102 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
With the installation I wall mounted my nest room stat in place of the old stat, for this you need a 2 core cable but most existing room stats will have this so should suit everyone who wants a fixed or mobile installation. I mounted my receiver base in the loft to the side of my combi boiler. To install the base for the Nest the base requires 230v power and the room stat connection contact wires for the boiler and hot water demand cables if using to control water as well, on a combi boiler you would install this next to the boiler or in place of a wall mounted programmer while a Y or S plan system you would install this next to the wiring control centre that is normally found next to the copper tank.
Installation time with all wiring on place should take no more than around 1 hour in total for a skilled person including a few trips to the van / shed for tools and materials, I personally did this in around 25 minutes and had never done installed a nest before but I am a fully qualified electrician.
I am so impressed with this product I have now purchased the Nest Protect smoke alarm.
Pros: relative to the cost of new boilers and the function offered etc the cost is really low. The interface to the boiler controls is excellent and although our boiler installer had never used them before they had no problems. The thermostats themselves look good and are simple to install and the functions are easy to use, both at home and remotely via my iPhone and iPad. The apps are excellent and the function has been enhanced during the time we have had the system. When we go away we simply tell the system to switch to "Away" mode and before we return we switch a day before to "Home" mode and the thermostats are all adjusted automatically.
Con: just one and it will probably not be a problem for most people. Retrofitting in an existing house was made so much easier by being able to link the room thermostats wirelessly to the boiler controls. But we discovered that the wireless signal did not reach from the boiler to all the rooms in the house. Nest have their own wireless link and there is no signal extender as there is for wifi. (With the Nest Protect smoke alarms each alarm "boosts" the signal so there is no apparent distance limitation, but this is not the case with the thermostats.) We happen to have a long narrow house. But this will not the a problem for most people.
Otherwise the Nest system is brilliantly simple to install and use.
Good stuff: Installed system looks aesthetically good and kind of works. It also works with Alexa smart home, if you have one.
But at the end I feel a bit disappointed with the functionality of it all. The are few things which I found errr.. not good
1. Thermostat can be controlled via different inputs, turning the round bezel and press click in the middle/bottom of the round screen. Even after several weeks I am still getting lost in the menu as it is impossible to intuitively tell when you need to press or turn the dia to navigate or select something. My success rate is still below 70%. Which is annoying.
2. Hot water schedule can be set only in 30 min intervals. So you can't turn it for 40 or 45 min. Just 30, 60, 90 min etc. So I end up using more energy than with my previous installation.
3. Hot water does not have any history of use at all, history available only for heating. The usage history viewing layout on thermostat itself is useless.
4. There are many small quirks. Like: current weather at my home location always shows as 0 degrees and clear. There is no room temperature log to display either in app or thermostat. There is no exit or back to home screen control on the thermostat, to get out of some settings you have to turn dial to retrace all the way back. And perhaps the buggest of all, it will just drop off the network or lose your phone location link for no reason from time to time and there is no warning for it.
5. Holes and screws for wires on the heatlink hub are too small and too fiddly. There is a serious risk you might not secure the wire or it will lose the contact.
At the end I earnestly doubt I'm saving any energy compared to normal programmer thermostat. Definatelly not for hot water. As to heating, Nest should think of integrating optional remote temperature/humidity sensors for their system. As my home is over 3 levels and measuring temperature at one location on ground floor doesn't looks like a good learning for the heating.
PS. if you install heatlink instructions tell you how to route the cables through the opening at the bottom of the unit. However if you'd like to hide dangerous and hideous cables like me, it doesn't tell you that there are actually cutouts for the via holes on the back panel. So all cables can be hidden behind in the wall. And you can block the bottom hole with a cutout of plastic sheet, if your heatlink sits over the kitchen top like mine.