Nerve Blocks in Palliative Care Paperback – 4 Nov 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The authors rightly make the point that the successful use of interventional techniques first requires good patient assessment, and then a cooperative approach by palliative care and pain management teams, followed by clearly articulated plans for aftercare. (Acute Pain, Vol 7)
Karen Simpson and Fiona Hicks have put together their extensive collective experience to produce a clear and succinct text that manages both to set out the clinical problems and also to summarize the various techniques that are used currently . . . This is a short and very readable book which I would recommend as essential reading for any medical or nursing profesional who is involved with the management of patients with cancer-related pain. My copy has sat easily in by brief case since it arrived through the post, and I have used it both for reference and as a teaching aid. It's been much more useful than those large, erudite tomes that are either gathering dust in my office or serving as a doorstop! (British Journal of Anaesthesia)
About the Author
Fiona Hicks is a Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, UK. Karen H Simpson is a Consultant in Pain Medicine, St James's University Hospital, Leeds, UK.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Oncology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Anaesthetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Nursing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Anaesthetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Nursing