Style Name: Single|Change

on 13 November 2014
My first new Nerf Gun since The Longstrike so it's been a while. It shoots quite far, is very solid and the grenades are just a real laugh. The flywheels rarely slip but if they do it's not an issue the dart would just fall out the barrel. This will not work with the old orange stream lines darts though so keep that in mind!
Style Name: Single|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In the box you get the gun, detachable magazine, detachable shoulder handle, 2 missiles and 10 darts. You will need to buy 4x AA batteries.

Assembly is easy, just push fit, but you will need a small cross head screw driver to access the battery compartment.

Fill the magazine with darts and slot it into the gun then push a missile into he launcher tube and you are ready to go. The spare missile can be stored in the shoulder handle.

Pump the missile tube to fire the missile. You will need to do it with a bit of force or the missile just falls out. To fire the darts pop in the magazine and slide the top cover closed. Then it is a 2 trigger action, hold one to start up the motor and then the other to fire a dart. I have fired over 100 darts and didn't get a jam, no doubt it will happen as the darts wear down. If you do get a jam it is easy to clear by sliding back the top cover and fish out the dart.

Coverage is pretty good and the darts fly fairly true and accurate. I was able to hit a half square meter target every time. The missile takes a bit more practice as the pump action throws the gun around a bit. There is a god range on this and I was getting around 20 meters on this, not as much as the stated 27 meters, but it is good enough.

I am only taking a star off this because the battery compartment screw isn't long enough to close the lid. It wasn't connected when it arrived and it looks like the screw is worn, so it just won't catch and close. I am probably just unlucky to have had one that was not quite right. In the absence of other reviewers mentioning this it is probably not an ongoing flaw and just a one off.

My Nerf loving Nephew has had this off me and tells me it is now his weapon of choice.
Style Name: Single|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Another big gun from Nerf and days of the house filled with the neighbourhood kids. What better time for it to arrive than during the school holidays. The shoulder attachment and the 10 dart clip simply slot into place and are held firmly in position until you need to release them which is easily done, even for my eight year old boy.

Normally a fan of the Nerf 6 shot revolver we have had loads of family fun breaking off into teams and having battles around the house or garden, they have even come out after grown up dinner parties and as an office worker I always keep one in my bottom drawer for Friday afternoon fun. Nerf really do appeal to children and grownups.

The big appeals of this gun was its range and the addition of the missile launcher. The range certainly didn't disappoint and the accuracy was also good, having a second clip for a quick reload would have been nice as its really frustrating braking off a battle to keep reloading. As for the missile launcher I was at first a little let down as it’s a simple pump action to launch and you have to do it with some force to propel it a good distance, I did get the knack of it but my boy failed to get it more than 10 metres and because he had to pump it with some force his accuracy suffered. As these Nerf guns get bigger they do get a little less portable and even though my eight year old loves to dash round the house with it I don't like it as its scraped along paint work on the walls and its only a matter of time before something else gets broken with it (That's the grumpy dad bit out of the way)

My Son is really proud of his Nerf gun collection and I’ve mounted them on the wall under his raised bed, with a little more work I'll have this one mounted like the others, i guess I've watched too many action movies. (I've posted some pictures)

Maybe over critical but I've marked it down a star for missile launcher being a bit of a letdown and for the price tag a spare clip would have made it better value.
review image review image
on 7 February 2016
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 13 year old son after reading a few favourable online reviews. I was a little dissappointed in the run up to Christmas when he told me he wanted the Nerf N-Strike CS 18. I was about to send the demolisher back and buy the CS 18 but decided he could have both.

On Christmas day both were opened and after 20 minutes of dodging darts it emerged that the Demolisher was more fun. The grenade launcher is excellent fun. It also takes AA batteries which is better for me as I have loads of rechargeables lying around.

The best thing is about this gun is it hardly ever jams where the CS 18 frequently jammed making it very frustrating.

Over 2 months in, the Demolisher is still going strong and my son's go to gun for surprise ambushes on me. The fire rate is not as fast as the CS 18 but the grenade launcher makes up for it.

I wouldn't recommend the Demolisher as a gift for children because you will get shot alot. That is only because the gun is awesome.

This gun works well with the 18 dart clip. My son actually taped 2 together upside down so he can fire off 18 shots then flip the magazines and fire off another 18 before i can take it off him.
on 16 January 2016
This was a gift for my son at Christmas. He was a big nerf gun he said so this one fit the bill. Be careful though as it extremely powerful so no close range shots, especially to the face and nether regions. The magazine holds ten bullets I think for rapid fire. The bigger shotgun type bullets are fired via air pressure with the grey pump handle. Again, if you get a good shot it can sting your opponent but they wont die! Good fun, vant wait for summer again when we can get out in the gardens with these
on 13 March 2016
This has a battery motor inside which flings the darts out at great speed without having to pump up. Unfortunately this means it does have a tendency to jam - admittedly infrequently - but much more than the smaller NERF N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster that I own. That said, it looks great and the grenade is a nice feature!
on 1 September 2014
Bought for my 9 year old sons birthday....he loves it! His friends have gun envy....
on 28 December 2015
This caused endless entertainment in my house on Christmas Day. I purchased it as a gift for my nephew and he absolutely loved it. Took me a while for me to realise that it needed batteries, but that'll teach me for wing too keen to read the instructions!
on 27 December 2014
Christmas is a busy time when you spend most of it making new toys up, some toys can be really complicated to set up however this Nerf model is really simple to set up and comes with easy to follow instructions, the four AA batteries are slotted underneath the trigger, the rocket is an added bonus to this nerf. All in all an exciting product to own!
on 28 December 2014
My 8 yr old loves this and I have been ambushed many times. Bullets have a tendency to jam if they get deformed, which happens a lot, and requires batteries. The blaster bombs add the icing on the cake. Seems sturdy with good detailing so I cannot really fault it other than the bullets & bombs are expensive for what they are.