Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Aug 2011, 08:30:14 BST
Helder Andre says:
What happened? where was the jump from Greek to Roman mythology? Sounds bizarre to follow the son of Poseidon for so many books just to find out he was Neptune...

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2011, 11:00:43 BST
Last edited by the author on 25 Aug 2011, 11:00:58 BST
The jump from Greek to Roman mythology happened in the first book of this spin-off series, "The Lost Hero". I've not got round to reading it yet but the synopsis on wikipedia describes how this series focuses on the Roman camp half blood. I would have preferred it to remain as all Greek mythology to prevent any confusion but of course, Neptune and Poseidon are one and the same.

Posted on 24 Sep 2011, 23:03:08 BST
well actualy this second seris explains why it is the greek version and not the roman counterparts survived.

essentialy they both survived but after the american civel war both sides were split aprt and hidden from each other to reduce conflict
however they are needed to be reunited to prevent gia from riseing read the books and you shall understand all

Posted on 25 Sep 2011, 21:56:01 BST
steffie200 says:
The reason the roman counterparts have started to play into the books is because in the first book, the boy who it revolves around knows the gods by their roman names. Its an excellent book. I recomment reading it before you get the ' Son of Neptune' because it will scarcly make sense otherwise.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  24 Aug 2011
Latest post:  25 Sep 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune
Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (Hardcover - 4 Oct. 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars (842)