- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (6 April 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0632055979
- ISBN-13: 978-0632055975
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 1.2 x 27.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (13 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
772,275 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #398 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Paediatrics
- #756 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- #1270 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- See Complete Table of Contents
Neonatology at a Glance Paperback – 6 Apr 2006
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"It covers the subject well, has well laid–out full colour diagrams and clear text. A top quality revision tool illuminating a complex subject." Surgo, Glasgow University Medical Journal, 78: 4
"...well–written and appropriately detailed...chapters are well divided up into sub–sections, making the information easy to find. A good variety of useful diagrams and clear colour photographs of key clinical signs accompany the text throughout." Rectum, Leeds University Medical School Gazette
"...this volume is a concise text on perinatal medicine and the newborn...Each topic consists of a clear text, many illustrations, graph and tables...An extremely useful text for students, residents and neonatal nurses. Highly recommended." Pediatric Endocrinology Reviews
From the Back Cover
Neonatology at a Glance provides a concise and accessible introduction to neonatal medicine for junior doctors, medical students, neonatal nurses and midwives. Following the familiar, easy–to–use at a Glance format, each topic is presented as a double–page spread with key facts accompanied by clear diagrams and illustrations encapsulating all that the students need to know.
This brand new text:
- Is written by the leading experts in the field.
- Full–colour comprehensive overview of neonatology including:
–the preterm infant
–common neonatal conditions and their management
–critical care for babies
–special baby units
–palliative care and ethical issues
- Is organised according to conditions affecting the infant before birth including foetal medicine, the normal newborn infant, followed by neonatal problems.
- Includes practical procedures in text and diagram form not usually found in neonatal books.
Neonatology at a Glance will appeal to all junior doctors and clinical medical students undertaking their paediatric attachment and revising for final exams. The book is also suitable for nurses training in child health, nurses in special care baby units, therapists and midwives.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
The advantages in particular are the routine care and key points boxes that can be found interspersed throughout the title. The disadvantage to this reader is that there are not really any self-assessment questions as such and unlike many of the other 'At a Glance' titles in recent years it does not have an accompanying website with downloadable images, interactive cases/questions/notes.
In conclusion I would not call this an essential book for all medical students to consider adding to their personal libraries but if you are interested in either Obstetrics, Paediatrics or Neonatology itself then this is certainly a highly useful text to introduce you to the field.
Competing Interests: Medical Student Reviewer - Received Gratis copy of this Title
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent book for junior doctor. Easy to read. Plenty of colorPublished on 28 Nov. 2014 by Marie-Coralie Cornet
Well written. In depth enough for students but not overwhelmed with huge amounts of detail. Addition of diagrams and pictures really helps with learning.Published on 26 April 2014 by sgw0505
A bit too basic if you are past medical student level, but useful if you are just looking for the basics of neonatology.Published on 4 Sept. 2013 by stargazer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Paediatrics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Paediatrics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Paediatrics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Midwifery